CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Start from the beginning

Great.

"That is most kind, Your Grace. But surely you need him by your side, he is your Kingsguard after all."

Joffrey snickered. "I have six other members of my Kingsguard, they'll protect me while the dog is tending to you. Though if he does bring you harm in any way, do remind him that if anything happens to you, his head is on the line."

She wanted to vomit at Joffrey's eyes roaming her body.

"Thank you, Your Grace. But I am sure no harm will come to me," the King nodded in agreement, holding out the crook of his elbow to her.

"We shall hope not. I also wanted to speak with, and ask how you are, and that everything you desire has been provided?" Joffrey spoke, beginning to stroll her around the training yard and back to the castle.

Dahlia swallowed the lump in her throat, "everything is perfect, Your Grace. I am forever thankful for your hospitality and true kindness towards me. I will never forget it, for as long I shall live."

Her false words seemed to impress Joffrey, his smirk widened. "And I will never forget how you have aided your King in his time of need, we received the shipments of men, and resources from Griffin's Roost. In time, I will perhaps rewrite the Mad King's mistake of making your House no longer Lordly."

"You are too kind, Your Grace. A true inspiration to us all, surely I can repay you some other way for everything you are doing?" She responded her voice soft and angelic.

Joffrey waved his hand, patting the arm that was looped through his. "Nonsense, your presence is repayment enough. I hope you plan to stay in the capital for some time, I'd hate to see you leave so soon."

Dahlia forced a smile. "I hope to stay as long as I can, if that is alright with you? Times have grown dangerous in the South, the journey here itself was incredibly dangerous." Joffrey squeezed her arm tightly, but not to the point it hurt.

"Bandits litter most of the land outside of Kings Landing, a delicate flower such as yourself shouldn't go through such turmoil."

"Turmoil that I do not regret, finally meeting you in person is like a dream. Many times I've pinched myself to wake up, only to find that this is real, and that I am delightfully happy." Dahlia smiled even more, her cheeks aching and her mind throbbing from so much falseness. Joffrey seemed to like it, considering his chest kept puffing out.

"The Gods are good, to deliver such a prize into my hands. Sweet words you give me, my Lady. I must tell you, there is to be a feast in a fortnight, celebrating a year since I took the traitor Eddard Stark's head. I hope you will join myself and my family on this night."

At the mention of Lord Edward Stark, Dahlia strongly remembered Valencia, and how her husband Robb Stark lost his father on false charges of treason. A terrible thing to happen to a man so vividly honest and loyal, despite what others say.

"I will gladly join you, Your Grace. But I'm afraid I have no proper gowns, surely I cannot arrive in something as plain as this gown," she said, fanning out the blue.

Joffrey nodded in agreement, "you will wear Lannister colours. I'm sure crimson and gold will appear just as beautiful as you are."

She forced herself to look down bashfully, blinking as if she was embarrassed. "It will be an honour to wear your House colours, Your Grace."

Joffrey's lips curved into a wider smirk.

"I must ask, Your Grace, are you fearful for Stannis and Robb Stark?" Joffrey's eyes narrowed, she quickly recovered, "I only speak from experience. I myself are genuinely terrified, they must be terribly brave to rebel against you. Someone so courageous all of Westeros has surely heard your tales."