Chapter 29

Taylor POV

You know the saying, "The shot heard 'round the world was the start of the revolution?"

I finally understand the truth of that statement.

As soon as the rest of the SSS agents came down, there was a silence that surrounded the park. Nobody made a move. It was almost as if time was frozen. Then like a roll of thunder, there was a shot. An agent fell near me, a bullet wound in his heart. That's when we charged, EPS agents appearing from nowhere.

I was stopped mid-run from an arm wrapping around my neck in a chokehold. I elbowed the agent in the abdomen and he keeled over with a grunt. I grabbed and flipped him over my shoulder. He fell to the ground with a thud. I kneeled and punched him straight in the face. When I tried to stand up, he grabbed my ankle and pulled me down. I landed on my face and a small cry left my mouth. In return, I kicked his head and he stopped moving.

 I stood on my feet and looked around the park. My turn was cut short by a bullet that grazed my arm. I felt the burn of the metal immediately and clutched my arm in pain. I tried to look around for Niall and the others. Right as I found Niall trying to fend off a tall, muscular agent along with Liam, my vision was becoming spotty. The world faded to black as I fell to the ground with a thud.

AN: I'm back!!! So, I will try to update as quickly as I can for you guys. The story is almost over! Just keep in mind that I am currently involved in a show at my school so, the updates will probably be on an irregular schedule. Anyway, thank you guys for staying with me all this time and enjoying my story for so long! You guys are the best! Peace and love One Direction. -Jada Reid