Chapter 52

I didn't sleep after all that drama. All my hopes in gaining just a minute of sleep faded when my alarm sounded in the morning. We had to do quite a lot of stuff today, too.

We had to get a house phone, go grocery shopping so we don't starve, get some jobs and call the company that fixes refrigerators. We had the welcoming ball and dinner tonight also, and we are both really excited.

I haven't heard anything about Zayn, I do know he is still here, I can feel it. Yesterday night was horrible in every aspect. I hate to fight with him, I despise it.

When I told him he saved me, I wasn't lying either. I hate the fact that we had one of those maybe-this-is-the-end fights. I really have no idea if this is the end though. I don't want it to be, but I don't know if we are going to recover after all of this.

He had to punch Riley in the eye to find out I was here, I guess he was pretty pissed.

I want to hug him, and tell him everything is going to be okay at the end, but I am mad at him. I don't really know if I am mad at him, the cheating kind of mad is gone now.

"Goodmorning" I sighed and sat in the couch next to Aaron.

"I heard the shouting"

"Yeah, I'm sorry"

"It's okay. Are you alright ?"

"Sincerely no. But we have to go out, we have a ball to attend tonight" He looked worried, I would be if I saw myself like this. I stood up walking towards the bathroom and took a shower.

The bathroom was not perfect but, you could use it. The water wasn't hot enough though. I got out of the shower, with my head of curls dripping wet and got a text message on my phone.

I will be here for three days, text me if you want to talk.

He sounded really serious, maybe he is still mad at me. But I don't have time to think. I changed into casual clothing, and went out with Aaron. We first went to Starbucks, were Aaron got this awesome job three times a week with pretty good pay.

He went to get the phone by himself while I went to the libary. It was cold inside, and there were a lot of people gathered around a shelf full of The Fault In Our Stars copies. I walked to what seemed to be the main desk.

"Hi, my name is Valerie"

"Hello Valerie, what can I help you with ?" The women seemed nice. She had ombré hair and really pretty nails.

"I was wondering if I could get a job here ?"

"Oh yeah ! We are actually looking for some help. Let me just give my boss a call and I'll tell you in a second" she said nicely and grabbed the phone, so I walked over to the contemporary novels section and looked around for a bit before going back to the
desk.

"You've got the job !" She smiled brightly. "Lets talk about your schedule"

"Umm, I have college from 10:15 to 1:00 so I can come in the afternoon or maybe a little later.

"What college are you in ?"

"Northeastern"

"Oh good" I nodded.

"I guess you can come from 2:00 to 5:00 or something like that. We have this really cute restaurant just around the corner and you can have lunch there with me maybe"

"Perfect ! I am so excited"

"I am excited to have a friend too" she smiled "if I can consider you a friend of course"