First Day Jitters

Lyrica's P.O.V

I sigh, as I roll out of bed. I was NOT ready for today. I feel my anxiety kick in as I think about the day to come. I'm the new kid. I just moved into a new town. Sydney Australia. The reason... kind of unexplainable.

I look out the window, letting my mind wander to anything except today.

Hm. The sky looks nice today. I feel a shiver go up my spine, sending a shock through my body. I shake it away and head to my closet. I grab the pair of skinny jeans and shirt and throw them on.

I let my black and lilac hair fall, it hanging all the way down below my hips. Its naturally brown bur I dyed it black with a lilac underside (A/N Real quick I'm actually dying the underside of my hair which is a dark dark brown lilac pretty soon :D).

I quickly brush it out, not feeling like doing anything with it since I straightened it last night. I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth before putting on my makeup. Foundation, cover up, mascara and eyeliner. 

I stumble back into my room and put on mismatching socks. I turn to look for my converse and sigh. My room is still fairly barren since we only moved in two days ago. I walk over to the box labeled "Clothes n shit". 

I opened it and shifted through the junk to find my converse. I frown, seeing as they aren't in there. I shake my head and grab my black vans instead. I grab my over-the-shoulder bag with tons of pins on it and head downstairs.

I go to the kitchen, already hearing my mom up and about. I walk in, grabbing a green apple from the fruit bowl thing, and turn to smile at her. "Morning mum." I say.

She nods and sends a forced smile in my direction. "Hey hun." She walks forward as if I was going to attack her and kissed my forehead. She walked away quickly, muttering about how she had to get to work. I sighed.

She had been treating me differently since I had a little accident at my old school. I roll my eyes thinking about the stupid teacher. I glance at the clock and groan as I have to leave.

I hop off the stool I was sitting on and frown. When did I sit on a stool? I shrug. Whatever. 

Ten minutes later I have All Time Low blaring through my headphones as I walk to school. I see two guys ahead of my, one with Blonde hair and the other with dark hair. They were laughing at something and I felt myself smile at them. 

People laughing usually makes me smile. I don't know why.

I look back at the ground, letting myself fall into the music again. I start to sing along quietly. I hear someones voice muffled, close to me. I stop and look up, only to meet eyes with the blonde boy. He must have said something to me.

"Um s-sorry what?" I ask quietly, taking my headphones out. He smiles slightly. "I said I like your music choice. All Time Low is awesome." He smiles at me.

I nod, awkwardly. "Uh yeah. They are cool." I mentally face palm. People actually want to talk to you and you act weird already. Go me.

"I'm Luke. That's Calum." He says and gestures to his friend. His friend smiles and waves, I do the same. They look at me expectantly. "Oh uh people c-call me Lyrica." I say, a faint blush settling on my cheeks. They nod.

"Well I'm guessing you're new. I haven't seen you before." Luke says and we all start walking again. I'm in between them. 

I nod. "Yea. Just moved with my mum about two days ago." I ask quietly. He lets out a low whistle. "Already going to school?" Calum says. I roll my eyes. "No I'm taking my school bag for a walk." And freeze.

"I-i-i'm sorry. That was rude. Sorr-" They cut me off by laughing quite loudly.

This was why you didn't have friends. You freak.

Shut up. I chose not to have friends. 

As if. You just drive people away. Admit it. You're crazy. You are talking to yourself. 

I ignore myself and turn back to Luke and Calum. now dying on the ground. A giggles comes out of my mouth and they look back at me, grins on their faces. 

"Why are you sorry Leelee?"(A/N One of my friends calls our other friend that XD) I hear Calum say.

"Because it was rude of me. Wait leelee?" I ask, my nose scrunching slightly in confusion. "Aw your nose scrunches." Luke says like a five year old. I roll my eyes. "Get up. We have to get to school losers."

-Le time skip bc boring-

I say goodbye to Luke and Calum as I got to the office to get my schedule. 

"Um h-hello." I say nervously to the lady behind the desk. She gives me a cold look and throws the papers at me. I frown. Someone took a little too many bitch pills this morning.

I take the papers hoping they were actually mine. Yup. Mine. Same strange name. 

I glance down at my schedule, standing quietly in the corner of the hallway. Everyone passes me by, giving me strange looks. That's not anything new. I'm the new kid. I sigh, confused. 

"Hey. I like your Coldplay shirt." I hear a voice say. I glance up and all I see is pink hair and a smirk. I glance down at my simple Coldplay shirt and ripped black skinny jeans. I hadn't even noticed I wore my coldplay shirt. Thank god I wore a bandeau then. Its one of the ones with the no sleeves and rips down the sides.

"Um thanks?" He walks a bit closer. "I'm Michael." I nod.

"Cool. People call me Lyrica." I say. "Lyrica. I like it." He raised an eyebrow but didn't question it. I smile. I notice now people are staring at me talking to Michael like I have two dicks. 

"Why are they staring.." I trail off. 

"Oh them? Not sure." I nod. 

There eyes slide right over Michael and I guess he's not well liked. I glance down at my schedule to see what I have first and see biology room 122.

"Hey where's room 122?" I look up to ask Michael but he's gone. I look around, left, right, even up.

And there's no pink haired boy in sight.

--------------------

YAY FIRST MICHAEL FANFICTON :D

Ok, so let me explain a thing.

I had this idea to write a book for each song off the boys album. You know, as a little celebration :D.This one will be based off How Did We End Up Here.

The titles will all be lyrics from the song it is based off. So I would like to do a challenge maybe. But we can save that for later on. 

ANYWHORE what did you think? :D I hope you liked it. I'll dive deeper into the idea above when I finish my Lashton story. But I will try to update this. Ok its 2;38 and I have to wake up at like 6 tomorrow k byyyyyyye!!

ILY ALL <3<3<3<3