I hide my face again as I feel the heat of my blushing cheeks.

----------

The next day, after an unusually long day at school, I make my way to the café, looking forward to relaxing and eating a bunch of Aunt Cass's doughnuts.

However, when I walk in, I notice that there are no doughnuts and that Tadashi is already in the café area with a group of four other people. I slowly approach the table they're at, not wanting to interrupt anything.

Luckily, Tadashi notices me and waves me over to his side. He's laughing, and I assume one of these people said something funny that I wasn't able to catch.

"Wait," I say. "Are these your friends?"

"Yeah!" Tadashi exclaims, trying to calm down. Something really funny, I conclude. "(Y/n), this is Honey Lemon, Go Go, Fred, and Wasabi." He points to each of the people in turn. Honey Lemon smiles and waves, giving off a kind and happy vibe. Go Go gives a peace sign and drums the fingers on her other hand against the table. Fred is dying laughing and Wasabi, who has a large green stain on his otherwise white sweater, is frowning and smacking Fred with a cloth napkin. He looks back up at me, an obviously fake smile plastered on his face.

"For the record," he begins, "my name is not actually Wasabi."

"It is now," Fred gasps. He's still laughing.

"He spilled wasabi on his shirt during lunch," Honey Lemon explains.

"That's his only name now!" Fred exclaims. "Just go along with it!"

Wasabi gives an exasperated sigh. "All right. Whatever."

"Yessss!" Fred pumps his fist in the air. "That means everyone has a nickname!" He eyes Tadashi and me suspiciously. "Except you two..."

Tadashi laughs. "You have fun with that," I say, nodding.

"I just have to analyze your quirks and see what you like to do, eat, read, watch, see...Then, I can give you a nickname."

"Dude, you just met her. Chill out before you scare her away." Go Go turns to me. "It's not that complicated. He'll probably have one for you before we leave."

Fred pouts and sinks into his seat. "You're taking the fun out of it!" he groans.

I smile. "I've had several nicknames in my life. One more won't hurt."

Fred beams. "Okay!" He looks down at my shirt, back up at my hair, down at my backpack, and then at my shoes. "Hmmm..." he ponders. "I'm gonna call you...Blue!"

"Blue?"

"Yeah!" Fred shrugs. "It seems appropriate."

"She's not even wearing blue," Tadashi points out. It's true. I have on black jeans, a white shirt, and a red cardigan. Tadashi's sense of style has spilled over to me and now I have a few cardigans in my wardrobe. They're actually very warm and comfortable.

"I'm going on personality," Fred explains. "Blue can mean trust, and I think I can trust her, so I'm gonna call her Blue."

While I put a hand on my heart to exaggerate flattery, Wasabi points an accusing finger at Fred. "You, not three hours ago, named me based on what part of my lunch I spilled on my shirt."

"Well, I was running out of ideas." Fred takes a sip of the Coke in front of him. "Plus, since we've known each other so long, I can just insult you, and you and everyone else will be fine with it."

Wasabi rolls his eyes. "Yeah, I suppose."

"It's a sign of endearment!" Honey Lemon exclaims.

"It's a sign of lack of creativity," Wasabi rebuts.

"Hey!" Fred steals the cloth napkin from Wasabi and throws it at him.

"Ooo, I'm sooo scared," Wasabi taunts, looking more annoyed and incredibly bored by the second.

While Wasabi is looking the other way, Fred sticks his finger in his mouth, licks it vigorously, and then shoves it into Wasabi's ear.

Wasabi yelps and jumps out of his chair, swatting violently at his ear. With his big hands, he hits Fred's hand several times, and eventually the latter recedes, laughing his butt off again.

"That was vile!" Wasabi yells, stomping off toward the bathroom.

Once he's gone, we all feel free to join Fred in laughter.

//////////

A/N: Hey y'all! I actually updated fairly quickly? What?????

So, I went through and edited the entire story. All of it. No chapter was left untouched. It wasn't anything big, I just fixed some word misuses, spelling errors, capitalization errors, punctuation, etc. No major plot fixes. I just removed and changed some really cringy parts haha. I felt the need to tell you guys, even though it's nothing big. If you ever go back and reread this, that's why it may not be exactly as you remember. And some comments might not make sense.

Okay, bye! I'll probably see you guys real soon!