Jane's Funeral - Chapter Seven

Start from the beginning

Lyra slumped in Sirius's arms as she succumbed to her exhaustion after her crying. He kept her in his arms as he carried her inside and up to her bedroom. Fred and George immediately stood up from the couch and followed them up the stairs and into the bedroom. Sirius left the two boys with a now sleeping Lyra to keep an eye on her and to make sure she wasn't alone. Fred noticed her red eyes and the circles under them, making him feel hollow. He was sad but he knew that he would never be able to compare the hurt that his friend was feeling. Fred pushed Lyra's hair out of her face allowing him to see where every tear had fallen down her face. It was hard to see her in such a vulnerable position. She was always strong and supportive, she always had a hard exterior, and seeing it so broken was difficult to face. Fred turned to his brother who was mirroring exactly what he was feeling. George took Lyra's hand giving it a supporting squeeze as they sat on the floor beside her bed waiting for her to wake up. 

It had been a couple of hours since Sirius carried Lyra to her room. Fred and George had eventually fallen asleep on the floor after many quiet discussions about school and their upcoming prank on Umbridge. Fred had also brought up the new future endeavour that they had been discussing for the past year or so. He felt as though they were almost ready to start making prototypes for their upcoming joke shop. George had agreed and they started making plans for their next product and also the design of the shop. While discussing their plans they had become increasingly tired and ended up falling asleep in awkward positions until Sirius peeked into the room and then proceeded to wake the three of them. 

Stretching her arms in the air and rubbing her already raw eyes Lyra sat up from the bed letting out a much-needed yawn. She looked down to see Fred and George following suit making her a little confused until she remembered the state she was in before she had passed out from exhaustion. "It's time to get going," Sirius said softly. Lyra nodded before standing up and pressing her hands on her now semi-crinkled dress. The boys stood up and they all exited the room together and walked down the stairs to meet up with everyone. The living room was now filled with people giving Lyra their condolences. Bill, Charlie, and Fleur were the first to greet her. 

"I'm sorry for your loss, Lyra," Bill said. She could tell that he'd been wiping away tears making her feel bad but also somewhat comforted. It was nice to know that her mother had impacted so many people. Lyra nodded and gave him a tight hug, he had basically become a big brother to her over the years as they exchanged letters and notes over curse-breaking. Fleur wasn't far behind giving Lyra a light hug and a kiss on her cheek before wiping away one of Lyra's stray tears. Charlie gave Lyra a tight hug making her smile before giving her his condolences. Lyra was sad but she felt warm inside knowing that all of these people were here to support her through this loss. 

Looking across the room Lyra noticed some of her teachers and Headmaster Dumbledore talking to some of the other attendants making Lyra smile to herself. She walked over and greeted them, thanking them for coming and that it meant a lot that they were there to support her. Lyra also knew that this was the perfect opportunity to bring up what she had found along with Sirius in her father's journals. Taking a deep breath she beckoned Sirius over to their small group. "Professor, I have something to ask you," Lyra stated, looking up at her headmaster.

"What might that be Miss Polvala?" He asked, with a small smile.

"Well, after my mother passed away, Sirius and I found out that we are relatives. He's my uncle actually." She said with a beaming smile. Sirius put his arm around her shoulders pulling her into a side hug.

"A congratulation is in order." He said, patting both of them on the shoulder. 

"Along with this information we also found out that my father was trying to find and destroy something of Voldemort's." Lyra began. "We don't know the location or what the item is exactly but we were wondering if you might have any insight on what we've found."