1x14 Fool Me Once

Start from the beginning

"But..."

"Come with me," I breathed quietly, throwing him a look. As soon as we were back in the car, I sighed in relief "Okay, you can either believe me now or you don't. Tonight's the full moon, right? Your brother and my sister have a plan. They want to open the tomb by themselves, get Katherine out and kill all of the others."

Damon frowned at me "How do you know?"

I shrugged nervously "Sheila told me," I tried "More or less."

"You're not going to tell me, are you?" he questioned sarcastically and then stopped, sighing "You're sure?"

"Yes," I nodded. I took a deep breath, deciding that I would tell Damon at least part of my secret... He had saved me from Logan after all and healed me "I – I read her mind. She was thinking about it."

The vampire took a deep breath "Okay."

I blinked "Okay?"

"Okay," he nodded "It's not the weirdest thing I've heard. Should I start calling you Edward Cullen now?"

I snorted, hitting his arm "Idiot..." With a mock scared look, I added "I don't sparkle in the sun, do I?"

"No," he laughed, pulling up to my house "Here you are, milady. I'm going to tell Anna now and..."

I cut him off "Elena will probably come to see you tonight. Go back to the Boarding House. If she doesn't come before the highest point of the moon then just head to the tomb but if I know my sister, she'll come and ramble on about one thing or another."

Damon snorted and shooed me out of the car "I guess I'll be seeing you tonight?"

"Of course. I want to see Elena's face when she finds out I knew about vampires before she did," I grinned, grabbing Hero's leash and skipping off towards the house. I still had to pack some clothes for the Art show in New York. It's going to start two days from now and lasts for an entire week... A new start in life, in my opinion. Maybe I should really make it count and I already had an idea of what I could change exactly. It was time Mystic Falls – and Elena especially – got to know the real Angel. I was so sick of being the meek little girl around everyone. Since I was doing better than a few years ago, I would show it. I didn't want to live the rest of my life like this.

A few hours later, I had packed a suitcase full of semi-formal clothes along with a carry-on bag that held most of the stuff I needed for Hero. It would always come in handy. There was also a sketchbook and some pens inside the carry-on. I never could go anywhere without something to draw. It was just not done...

I hopped into my car and drove as close to the old Fell's church ruins as I could without being noticed. There was a party on tonight, so I could get around without too many people noticing anything weird. Well, apart from the fact that I never went to parties like that but you know.

As soon as I reached the upper entrance, I peered down, seeing three familiar backs. Damon was standing in the middle of Stefan and Elena while Bonnie and Sheila were most likely further inside the room "Well, isn't this a party," I remarked, walking closer to where they were standing.

"Angel?" Elena frowned in confusion "What... What are you doing here?"

I snorted "You know if you want to keep your vampire drama a secret from your family then you probably shouldn't invite your vampire boyfriend into the house as often as you do. Plus, you talk about everything where others can overhear no trouble." I glanced over at Damon for a moment and ran a hand through my hair "That conversation you had in the kitchen yesterday? Yeah, I told Damon about that."

"You little bitch," my sister sneered "Why?"

I laughed sharply "Why wouldn't I, Elena? You have hated me since day one and there really was no reason at all. I'm sick of you telling people some stupid lies about me." My head turned towards Stefan "What did she tell you, huh? That I came out of nowhere stealing her parents' attention from her with my 'issues'? That I tried to steal her boyfriend? Whatever it was, she lied to you. I might have never said anything to you before, sister dearest but it stops now. You won't walk all over me, Jenna and Jay anymore. Better get used to me retaliating."