Chapter 4

When I wake in the morning the sun is barley up, but I can’t get back to sleep, so I have a quick shower and head off to school.

School isn’t that far away, but getting up early means a nice walk before the chaos starts. The sky just turns pink as I hit the skate park. No one ever came here unless they were trading drugs and alcohol, so i was suprised to see someone sitting on the cold concrete. He is wearing skinny jeans and a jacket. He stares at nothing. I step forward, and step on a twig. The man stops and turns his head sideways, eyeing me out of his peripheral vision. I scuttle on and hit the front gates.

The place is a dump, and I actually can’t believe that they let students attend this school. Most come in cars, and when the dust gets stirred up, people get sick. I walk through the car park, kicking cans and coffee cups, when I notice a red rusted truck. I instantly keep my head down, pull my hood up, and walk quicker.

The red rusted truck belonged to the meanest girl in school. Samantha Gortez. She got away with all kinds of things: popping tyres, stealing, smoking on the school grounds, but she never got caught because her dad was a free ATM that she sucked dry. She always got away, because she paid people bribes just to keep their mouths shut. And her boyfriend, Paul Biggson, is just as bad. He’s one of the pretty people, the one girl’s adore, until they get their hearts broken by him. Then she has her best friend, and her boyfriend, and it all get complicated. So as I start walking, I notice that it’s really quiet and I stop. There’s no noise what-so-ever. I tense up and look around, and Samantha and her gang are nowhere to be seen. Then I hear a war cry, and it’s raining tin cans. As I run, I try to see where they are being thrown from, but they seem to hit me in every direction. I reach the office, and it stops, and I frantically search why, but all i see, is the guy from the park, standing in the middle of the parking lot. Makes me wonder if he’s following me. I open the office door, and quickly dust my jacket off, and any lollypop sticks. The smell of the office reminds me of an elderly lady’s home. Soap, flowers, old wool, and liquorice lollies. I thank the gods for this safe haven, and retreat in to one of the recliners.

I walk through the corridor with my head down, but keep an eye on everything around me. As I walk into the bathroom, I get a surprise by a replay. Replays are ghosts who aren’t fully aware of the human world, and replay their deaths over, and over, and over again. a voice says in my head. This girl is on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding her stomach. Her eyes are searching, and as if by chance, she looks straight at me. The girls name was Lucy Fisher. No one knew who murdered her, but it had happened at least a month ago. As it starts from the start, I see that the cubical is closed, and I hear her sobbing. I wasn’t surprised when a hologram of Paul Biggson walks in. He slams open the cubical, and pulls Lucy out of the cubical by her hair, and slams her on the ground. He punches her face, her nose making a sickening crack. His knuckles are covered in blood, his face a twisted mask of evil. He punches her once more, and she goes limp. He drops her, her body landing red, bloody, and limp he pulls up his hood, and tucks his bloodied hands in his pockets, hastily leaving the scene. As it stops, it starts from the start again. I gag, and open the toilet door and walk into the guy at the park. I look up, and he quickly turns away, and hurries down the hall, and out of site. I shake it off, and think of it as nothing, but boy was I wrong.

I feel a shoulder dig into my back and fall forward, catching myself on my hands. I look up and see Paul’s snickering face fill my vision. I slowly get up.

“What was that for?” I steam. He looks at his friends and raises an eyebrow.

“What was what for? I didn’t do anything. Did you see me do anything?” he looks innocently at his friends. One of them spoke up, his pimple covered face trying not to laugh.

“Naw Paul, din’t see nuthin’” he turns back to me. He looks around at the crowed.

“Is anyone going to take this-” he looks me up and down “Freaks side?” he emphasizes the word ‘Freak’. I’m standing in a defensive stance, and no one steps forward. Then I hear a voice that sends shivers up my spine.

“You afraid you gonna get told off for pushing a girl over?” it was the man, but his hood was up, and Paul was struggling with his emotions.

"Why don’t you go and play with your dolls?” the man chuckles, but it’s hardly for fun. It’s dark, and raspy.

“Trust me, my dolls are human size, and they aren’t stuffed.” I don’t turn to see the man, but keep my eyes fixed on Paul.

“I have a question. What happened to Lucy Fisher?” the man cocks his head to the side in wonder, his hood concealing his expression. I stare at Paul, and see that he has gone pale. The man takes a daring step forward.

“Weren’t you dating her?” he looks around and stutters.

“I was, but it was very sad, how she, ah, slipped and fell.” I look closer, and see one single bead of sweat running down his brow.

“Slip? What did she slip on?” I scoff. It was very clear then. The man scared him. But me? I just made him angry.

“She slipped on the wet floor, what else?” I roll my eyes.

“Oh, I don’t know, maybe her own blood?” and it all goes quiet, and Paul just stares at me.

“How would she slip on her own blood?” on the word ‘Blood’ his voice cracks, and we all notice.

“Hmm, let me think. Maybe someone was angry at her for cheating on them, and oh, I don’t know, beat her?” And the bomb explodes.

“ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF KILLING LUCY FISHER? DO YOU REALLY THINK I’M CAPABLE OF DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!” HE BOOMS

“YES!!! I AM BECAU-” and I don’t see it coming, because he’s right there. And then his fist is coming towards my face, and I wait for the pain but it doesn’t come, because there is the man, and he is holding Paul's fist at bay. The mans hood had come off, and what I see makes me catch my breath. He's not a man, but a teenager, slightly older than me. His eyes, the most darkest shade of blue, capture mine and I see a hint of danger in them, so I turn around and leave as fast as I could.

SO....who's this mysterious man? vote, comment :)