Cookie? AU

Draco was an easily irritated person, always had been, always will be. That's why he got so annoyed when at 2am, while he was trying to finish his English essay, he heard music playing in the communal kitchen of his dorms. He put in his own earphones, trying to drown out the sound by blasting his own music but sighed after a few minutes when it became apparent that it was just more distracting.

He quickly typed out his train of thought before tugging his earphones out and pausing the music. He closed his computer quickly and put on some slippers before making his way it the kitchen.

As he got there, he paused to let his eyes readjust to a normal light, and not just his laptop. He yawned and looked around, seeing a boy dancing around the kitchen, whisking a bowl of batter.

The boy didn't seem to notice him and was seemingly too distracted by his music. He grinned happily as he whisked, adding a drop of vanilla extract. He giggled, a pretty sound to Draco, and stopped, putting the bowl down as he stuck his tongue out in concentration. He grabbed a bag of flour and a sieve, trying to pour it into the bowl.

Trying.

He accidentally lost balance, dropping the bag and the sieve. The sieve fell into the bowl of mixture, immediately being submerged in some areas. The flour landed on the counter with a loud thump, a cloud of it going everywhere.

Harry frowned and hit his forehead, annoyed at himself for being so stupid. Draco felt bad, it was an easy mistake to make.

"Hey, don't worry, I'll help."

The boy looked up in fear, not having noticed the slender blonde before that moment. After he'd processed Draco's offer a small smile appeared and his cheeks went slightly red.

"Thank you."

Draco moved the bowl and ingredients out of the way and got to work on clearing the spilt flour. Harry pulled the sieve out of the batter and washed it in the sink. It was quicker when done by two so they finished fairly soon.

"I'm Draco." The blonde smiled, holding out his hand.

"I'm Harry." The boy said, looking up at Draco through his round glasses.

"May I ask why you're up so late baking?" Draco chuckled and Harry went slightly red again.

"I do it when I'm nervous. It calms me down." Draco thought that was the most adorable thing he'd ever heard. He smiled widely and let out a little laugh. When he noticed Harry go slightly red and look down he felt bad.

"Harry I'm not laughing at you, don't worry." Harry looked up and smiled, embarrassed that he'd gotten worried. There was a slight silence where they just looked at each other.

Draco looked at the cute boy in front of him. He was slightly shorter than him, with messy brown hair and soft green eyes. He was sweet and fragile.

Harry looked up at Draco. The slender boy, always smirking. Harry had seen him around and knew that he usually slicked his hair slightly back but at this moment it was soft and flopped in front of his face. He looked good, less intimidating than he normally would.

"Do you want some help baking?" Draco asked, not wanting to go back to his English essay. Harry grinned and nodded.

That's how they spent the next two hours. Laughing, joking around and baking. They even ended up having a mini flour fight. When the cookies were in the oven they sat down in front of it, leaning back on the adjacent counter.

"This was fun." Draco said, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Yeah." Harry smiled.

"How long will they take?"

"20 minutes."

"Can I ask you something?" Harry looked at him, nodding. "What made you so nervous?" He asked curiously.

"T-There were some people sending mean messages and I got a bit upset and scared." He said quietly, looking down. Draco's heart felt for the brunette.

"Are you okay now?" Harry nodded and looked up with a bright smile.

"Thank you." Draco grinned, and hugged Harry. They stayed like that, held together for a while. Harry fell asleep first, slowly dozing off on Draco's lap.

The blonde chuckled and kept an arm around him, staying awake for a few minutes longer before he also fell asleep.

And maybe they got woken up, along with the rest of their dorm, by the fire alarm going off and the smell of burnt cookies but they didn't care.

-------

Words: 761