- - -

"Years of research, gone," Jane muttered angrily as she glared at the ground. The men had left almost an half an hour ago and after having gotten over their shock, the four friends had made their way up to the roof of the building which they now sat upon while Jane complained about the whole situation.

Liv sighed and swung her feet. If only Jane knew that she worked for S.H.I.E.L.D. She would probably have a heart attack.

"They even took my iPod," Darcy said sadly from beside Liv. Liv looked over at Darcy and chuckled slightly before patting the girl's shoulder.

"What about the backups?" Liv asked Jane. "They took our backups. They took the backups of our backups," Jane responded. "They were extremely thorough."

"Just downloaded like thirty songs onto there," Darcy muttered. Jane quickly turned her head to look at Darcy and yelled, "Could you please, stop with your iPod!"

Darcy just held up her hands in defense and Jane sighed before looking back down at the ground. "Who are these people?" Jane asked.

"I knew this scientist, a pioneer in gamma radiation," Erik started. Liv immediately tensed up. Banner, she thought. "SHIELD showed up, and... he wasn't heard from again."

Liv bit her lip nervously. She wanted to tell them. Tell them how she worked for S.H.I.E.L.D. and that they really were the good guys. Tell them how Banner hadn't disappeared because of S.H.I.E.L.D., but had disappeared on his own. But she had sworn an oath when she first started working there and she promised never to tell anyone about her job. So Liv just sat there quietly and pretended to be as upset and angry as her friends.

"They're not gonna do that to us. I'm gonna get everything back," Jane assured the three. "Come on, please! Let me contact one of my colleagues. He's had some dealings with these people before. I'll email him and maybe he can help," Erik told her.

"They took your laptop, too," Darcy said and the four sighed before looking off into the distance again.

- - -

Liv sighed from her spot in the driver's seat as she sat in the van that parked outside for the town's library. Darcy, Jane, and Erik were currently inside trying to find something. . . anything . . . that could help them with their case. Liv didn't want to tell them that there was no hope, so she had just agreed with it being a good idea and had offered to be the one to drive them over there.

Now it had only been a minute or so since her friends had gone inside and to say Liv was bored was an understatement. Liv put down the window beside her before propping her elbow where the window had been and leaning her head against her hand while she stared outside.

She didn't know why, but her thoughts found their way to Thor. She wondered what he was doing. Was he okay? Had he even found the hammer yet?

Had S.H.I.E.L.D. captured him?

Liv quickly shook that thought off. Why was she even thinking about that? It shouldn't matter to her if he got captured or not, but still, when her eyes caught sight of the blonde man walking down the street she couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief.

Liv stared at him for a minute before her eyes widened. "Wait," she muttered as she sat up in her seat and looked forward. She almost couldn't believe her eyes. It was Thor! What was he doing here still in town? He had said he was leaving over an hour ago. Liv furrowed her eyebrows as she watched him look around in both excitement and confusion before walking into the local Pet Palace. What was he-?

Liv's thoughts suddenly came to a stop as an idea popped into her head. She sat there for a minute before glancing over at the library. She could faintly see the outlines of her friends as they walked around inside and she made sure they weren't looking her direction before she quickly put the van into drive and drove down the street.

She came to a stop in front of Pet Palace and could see Thor talking to one of the workers inside. "I need a horse!" she heard Thor exclaim. The boy just blinked at him before saying, "We don't have horses. Just dogs, cats, birds." "Then give me one of those, large enough to ride," Thor told him while the boy just stared at him, not knowing what to do.

Liv chuckled softly before honking the horn. Thor turned around and his eyes lit up at the sight of Liv. "Just Liv," Thor greeted. Liv smiled at him and asked, "Hey, you still need a lift?"

And Liv swore that her heart melted at the sight of the adorable grin that appeared on Thor's face as he made his way over to the van.