Chapter 1

I felt strong hands gently grab my waist. He pulled me so close I could feel his heart beat against my hands. My heart was pounding against my chest, it skipped a beat. When I looked up I was met with beautiful green eyes similar to my own. I saw his perfect smile. Cody. The name became my only thought. He reached to stroke my face softly, then his hand met my brown hair causing my breath to catch in my throat. I was lost in his magical charm. I raised my chin to him, bit my bottom lip softly and just as his lips grazed mine my mother shook me out of my daydream up from my chair. I gasped "Mamma!"

"II miele, è il momento per la scuola." She warned me about getting to school in italian. "And hurry up eating your eggs and bacon so you can get dressed and I take you to school," she said.

As we walk into the kitchen I say my good mornings in Italian. "I'm getting a ride with the girls. Katilynn just got her drivers license. She also got a silver BMW from her parents. Am I getting the car I want for my birthday? I'm turning sixteen next month. I'm definitely getting my sweet sweet sixteen party, right?" My last question directed towards my grandma.

"We will talk more about it later but for now hurry up and get ready for school." My Mamma insists as I leave the room.

I ran up to my room to think about what I was going to wear.

I go to my room to assemble my outfit. I walk into my closet and choose a short bubblegum pink dress and my ballet flats that match perfectly. After putting on my perfect outfit my next step is to curl my hair with the curling wand. To add to my look I start putting on makeup. First I put on my pale tan foundation, then golde eyeshadow, eyeliner with a wing, mascara to make my green eyes pop, and finally a shimmer pink lipstick.

I look for some jewelry to finish my outfit, I also grabbed my t-shirt, sports bra, shorts, and cheer shoes for cheer tryouts today and shove them in my bag.

I check off June 8 and circle the 9th on my puppy calendar.

My middle school brother, Bryan, popped his head into my room. "How many times do I have to tell you not to come in my room." He giggled annoyingly and ran to his room.

I growled, put on my diamond earrings, heart necklace, and slide three bangle bracelets on my left wrist, and I search for my special charm bracelet.

"Madison, did you take my charm bracelet?" I shout toward the direction of her room.

" Yeah "she admits. A moment later she shuffles in and places the bracelet into my waiting hand.

"How many times do I have to tell you stop taking my stuff. You know thats my favorite bracelet." I said

"Im sorry, Im sorry." my little sister says in a soft tone as she leaves my room.

"Just don't do it again." I tell her.

I checked myself in the mirror, add some strawberry lip gloss and headed out of my room confidently. Only to walk into a room of random italian phrases.

I sighed impatiently. "Would you please speak english in this house! We've lived in america since I was born, let's adapt."

Her family simply rolled their eyes and began talking again.

"Ooh it's time to go, bye Mamma, Nana, Steven."

"Dont forget about cheer tryouts," my stepfather Steven said to me as I rush out the door.

I meet up with my best friends Katilynn and Chemire . Katilynn began talking rapidly as usual. "Oh my gosh, a certain half asian bestie of ours, also known as Tiara, got into a yell off with Airi! It was sooo totally hilarious and it happened at the mall yesterday. You totally should have been there."