"Hey call Dr. Knightly, tell him that Joey is here" the receptionist glared at Joey's rude behaviour but complied and called up the doctor.

"Yes....yes....of course.....I'll tell him" she put the phone down and looked up at us again, "He has an emergency to take care of, so he said go and wait in his office" she finished and turned to another man who was cradling his broken arm.

Joey still carrying me, rolled his eyes and walked down a long hallway that led to a couple of elevators.

"Who is this Dr. Knightly?" I said breaking the silence

"He's my uncle, you know what in those family meeting he's always repeating that I could come to him anytime with an injury and he would "fix me right up" like thanks uncle Joe for keeping your promises" he said bitterly, but the warm look in his eyes suggested otherwise, he must really care about his uncle.

He pressed the button to go up and instantly the elevator doors opened up, he stepped in with me in his arms and pressed the button to the third floor. 

"Joey" I started off

"Yes" he answered

"I can walk now, I'm not crippled" I ended with a small laugh

"It's cool I can carry you" he responded, but I squirmed in his arms until he finally let me stand up on my own.

I sent him a smile while he stuck his tongue out at me childlesly, I chuckled when the doors to the elevator opened revealing the third floor.

"Follow me" Joey said as he strolled out of the elevator and took a right turn onto a long hallway with many doors.

Seconds later Joey stopped in front of a door that had a little sign with the name "Dr. Knightly." He pushed open the door without knocking and walked in, I followed behind him, closing the door behind me.

"Sit down there, if you'd like" Joey said pointing at a couch that was in front of a big wooden desk, I nodded and plopped down on the cold leather seat.

Joey walked over to the door and locked it which made me panic a little bit.

"Is this the part when you're going to rape me" I hesitantly said, but that was all it took for Joey to burst out laughing.

"I like your sense of humour, mademoiselle Ruby" he said while kissing the top of my hand which he had grabbed a second ago.

I let out a chuckle at his cheesy gesture, "Much appreciated monsieur Joey" I said with a smile, but then I heard a quiet buzzing sound of a phone and Joey reached into his jacket pocket to pulled out a tiny Nokia. Like damn Joey, who the hell is buying Nokia phones these days.

"Hello" Joey started, but his voice trailed off when he unlocked the office door, stepped out and shut it again.

I let out a big sigh out of frustration, because I missed all my afternoon classes, I didn't eat breakfast, and I also got bullied. And now I'm sitting in the doctor's office with broken bones and painful bruises.

What was an hour felt like an eternity when Joey strolled back in the office, a bag of Doritos in hand. I felt my stomach grumble, a reminder that I'm very hungry, I licked my lips when Joey started chuckling.

"You want some" he asked with a smile playing at his lips, while he pointed the bag of chips towards me. I didn't answer, I just shoved my hand in and grabbed a handful of chips. I started munching on them, when Joey sat on the chair behind the doctor's desk and started spinning around the room. Could it get any less boring than this, nope I doubt it.