Chapter One: Taken

I was running around the castle hiding from my older brother, just by five years, Brendon. I hid behind a piller in the great hall. I just had to wait for him to pass to get to the secret room.

"Jasmine mom is going to kill me if you dont come out," he yelled," I cant lose you again,"

I held back a laugh and I heard his footsteps going the other way I run the opposite way to the secret room when I'm grabbed from behind.

I screamed and kicked," Jasmine its me calm down," Brandon said.

I jerked myself out of his arms and said," No that's cheating the rule was no magic,"

he looked at me and said," that was before you tried to run off,"

I glared at him and started to float off the ground," your mean,"

"Dad doesn't like you to float when your angry," he said trying to grab ahold of me.

I zigged upward faster. I grabbed onto the tall statue that stood in the middle of the room and started climbing. Dad had out a spell in the made magic unusable at a certain hight. above the statue was an area where I had put some pillows and blankets up there. I was the only one who could climb up here.

I heard Brandon sigh and say," come down please,"

I ignored him and sprawled out on the pillows. I started to hum. i heard more footsteps coming twoard us and I heard the voice of my father," Where is she Brandon,"

"Where do you think. she is on top of the statue and won't come down, " my brother replied.

"Princess why won't you come down I have someone very important for you to meet." my father said.

"No! I don't want to meet anyone. i want you to leave me alone," I yelled.

Brendon then said," What did you do to get her mad?"

" I have no idea. will you find Travis maybe he can help," Father said.

"yes," Brandon said and I  heard him walk away.

"Jas come down please. the boy is your age," Father said.

I crawled and poked my head over the edge of the statue," Your trying to arrange a marrige. I don't want to marry," I stated.

Being a princess ment i had to marry a duke or a prince. My maids read me storys about true love. I didn't want to be stuck in a marrige with someone I didn't love. I am only 5 why are they trying to sell me off now.

"Jay Jay come down, " I heard my brother's friend say.

"No I don't want an arranged marriage," I yell.

"Okay no marriage but come down and you and me will go for a walk in the garden, " He replied.

I peeked over the edge again and nodded. I stood up and jumped off barely catching myself with magic before hitting the floor"Jasmine you know better then jumping off something so high,"  my brother said.

I ignored him and walked over to Travis who held out his hand which I took. We started walking to the garden," Jasmine they are only wanting what's best for you,"

"I know but I want true love," I stated.

"who says you won't grow to love the prince, " Travis said.

"True love Travis," I stated again.

We entered the garden and Travis spoke again," I wish that was possible for you," He said with a sad voice.

"Travis?" I questioned," why are you always so nice to me?"

He turned and looked at me and said," I ran into Cyrus the seeing when I was younger. he took a liking to me and told me that one day ill meet a little girl 5 years younger. But bassically he said she will be your best friend and weakness. He said unless something signifigant happen

s,"

"Come meet your fiance Jasmine," my mothers yelled at me.

I looked at Travis appoligitacly wanting to finish his story but inststead I took of running. "Jasmine!" Chris yelled I kept running until I came to the gate that sepreated the castle and Theives Forest.

I leaped into the air and flew over it. I landed on the other side I ran twoards the forest when I heard footsteps land behind me. I glanced back to see Travis," let me b!" I stopped and shouted.

"Jasmine its dangerous out here come back,"he said grabbing my hand in his.

"No I don't want to go back," I said.

He was about to pick me up when a few men stepped out of the bushes. "Jasmine get back over the wall," Travis said as he took a fighting stance.

"I'm not leaving you," I stated.

"Stay by me," he said.

I nodded ready to make a fire ball when someone grabbed me from behind," Travis," I screamed.

He turned to fight but the three men jumped him. 

I cried out for help before I felt something on my head and it all went black.