Sitting in a Cafe - 1

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Taeyeon finally looked at her. "Promise me you won't freak out?"

She raised her eyebrows again. "Is he married?"

"What?!" Taeyeon then lowered her voice and nodded apologetically to some of the other customers who turned to look at their table.

"Does he have a girlfriend? Engaged?" She kept asking.

"What the heck are you talking about?!" She hissed.

"Is he forty and above?"

"Lee Soonkyu..."

She shrugged. "Then I don't see why I should freak out."

She looked down at her cup. "Just promise me."

"I assume utmost secrecy is part of the promise?"

Taeyeon nodded.

She sighed. "Fine. I promise."

Taeyeon took a deep breath and tried to find a way to start her explanation. "It's not a he," she mumbled.

"What?"

She gulped – not wishing to repeat her words.

"Not a he?" She wasn't sure she heard her correctly.

Taeyeon didn't move.

"Taeng, please just get to the point."

She sighed. "Yes, it's not a he."

"So... a she?" She carefully asked.

Her best friend blushed and hid her face behind the cup she lifted to her mouth again.

She leaned back in her chair and observed her nervous and shy best friend. "Who is she?"

Taeyeon tried to meet her gaze. "F-fany..." She looked down again, cheeks even more pink than before.

"WHAT?!" She almost banged the table.

"Ssshh!!"

"Oh, excuse me," she bowed to the people in the café – blushing a bit because of her outburst.

"Remember your promise, Soonkyu." She clenched her jaws.

"Fany?" She leaned forward and lowered her voice. "Tiffany? Hwang Tiffany? Our friend Tiffany? Miyoung?"

Taeyeon nodded. "But she doesn't know how I feel, okay? Please don't tell her? I don't want her to freak out."

She sighed and leaned back – returning to her previous pose with her arms crossed. "Since when?"

She shrugged. "A couple of months?"

She observed her fidgety friend for a full minute before speaking again. "She doesn't know?"

Taeyeon shook her head.

"Does she feel the same way?"

"How should I know?"

"Are you planning to tell her how you feel?"

"No."

"Why not?"

She looked at her. "Are you crazy? That would totally freak her out! I don't want to lose her as a friend, okay."

"Is there a possibility that she feels the same way?"

"How the hell could I possibly know that?" She was getting irritated. "Like I said, I can't risk it."

"How often have you been meeting up with her then?"