The Set Up

Chapter 1

{Emilia's Point of View}

"Emilia, what are you doing?" Hope said as she walked into my room. She was my best friend, and nothing in the world could change that.

"I'm unpacking, you of all people should know that I'm a procrastinator when it comes to things like this. I want to have some organization before starting college in a few days." I sighed as I was still unpacking some of my wardrobe from my suitcase. She had managed to unpack faster than me and she had brought more clothing than I had. I just had some shirts to hang up and add a couple of picture collages I brought to hang in my room. Luckily, I got to have a three person dorm with my longtime best friends.

I turned to sit down on the floor to take a break, and saw Hope staring down at me in disappointment. Hope was all dressed up for some reason. Usually she would've told me if she had something planned. Her hair brown was loosly curled, and was wearing a thin jacket over a low v-neck blouse. Skinny jeans with some heels finished her look to make her seem taller than she actually was.

"Do you not remember that we were supposed to go out tonight, and have some fun with you, Anne, and I? Go get dressed!" Hope said. I rolled my eyes realizing that it wasn't going to be as fun for me as Hope would want, partying was not entirely my thing.

I rushed over to my almost full closet to find a simple black dress, and got a pair of ruby red heels. Touched up my make-up then switched my chapstick for a sheer nude lipgloss. We both rushed outside to a cab with Anne waiting for us inside it. Cramming into the backseat, we all had to position ourselves a certain way so that we wouldn't mess up our outfits, then we were off.

"How do you do it Emilia?" Anne asked looking at my dress.

"Do what exactly?" I asked not totally sure by what she meant.

"Go from casual to gorgeous in seconds?" Hope and Anne said at the same time. It mostly sounded like yelling from the cab being so cramped.

"I don't know. I didn't think I was doing the most with this look. But thanks guys!" Anne and Hope always had said things like this about how they wish they could style themselves with little effort. I was never one for high maintenance routines, but I did like to try and look my best.

"And you're still single; not interested in anyone?" Anne asked. She and Hope always wanted to have me date someone. I've had crushes in the past, but never had a boyfriend.

"Yes. You know my deal. I don't want to look for anything serious because there's no guy looking for anything other than a quick fuck." I state. Hope rolled her eyes at my comment.

"Listen. It's called having some fun. We don't want to force you into a rock solid relationship. But we just want you to have some fun for once. Go on a casual date or three! Hook up with a hot guy from one of your gen ed classes that you'll never see again. You don't have to keep to your self, or be completely vulnerable with people when you first meet. You will not always get hurt, nor should you fear getting hurt. It's a life lesson that we need so that we can grow up." Hope lectured. Anne and I just stared wide eyed at her. "What?" Hope questioned.

"I don't know about you but I signed up for tequila shots, not moral knowledge shots." Anne remarked. We all laughed away the heavy mood that didn't match what we were going out for. Hope's phone buzzed and she was glued to it. Anne and I shared a knowing look.

"Who is he?" I asked. I'd noticed that Hope had been keeping her phone closer to her than normal over the past couple of weeks. I knew it was a guy, but I knew nothing about him. There was a feeling inside me that he was going to pop up in tonight's plans somehow.