prologue.

PROLOGUE.

     It had been lightly snowing on the day Nick had first saw her

     It had been lightly snowing on the day Nick had first saw her. The day he first saw Grace Russell. It was as if all the chatter stopped and the only thing he focused on were her eyes. It was brief but he couldn't get her brown eyes out of his head.

     The second time he saw her was right before first period. They bumped heads. He said something snarky towards her. She brushed it off, not even wincing at it. They went their separate ways.

    The third time he saw her was when she showed up at his house. Apparently they're neighbors. She smiled and introduced herself formally, he did as well. Before she could ask if he had any questions, he told her how much he wanted to leave the town. She got offended and left.

    The fourth time he sees Grace is when he's at a café. He's with two other girls from their school. He's flirting with them. Grace and her friend Anthony comes over to them. She says they better leave now so they won't be late but, he says that he's planning on missing a few periods. Grace tells him to not skip school, he replies that he doesn't care. She leaves him like the last time.

    The fifth time he sees her is on his way back home. She's surprised that he's stopped her and started talking to her. He tells her she was right about skipping school; he got caught and was in a heap of trouble. They laughed and smiled at one another, but once again: she leaves.

After that, Nick stops counting the times he sees Grace. He sees her so much that he's lost count, and he's really happy about that.