White Harbour

It was mid morning and the bells of White Harbor were ringing out their welcome, as they approached the docks. Jon was late, and still fastening his cloak against the fresh falling snow. Ser Davos needn't have chided him the whole way up from the cabins, he already knew the ship was talking. Unsullied lined the decks and at the hull stood Tyrion, Varys, and Ser Jorah. Each one noted his approach in their own way and Jon could feel at once that they knew what went on between he and Daenerys, and all the nights they spent sailing to the north.

"Good of you to come." Tyrion remarked, staring at the city before them.

"I made it in time." Jon answered.

"Our Queen has been much occupied, " Tyrion's eyes darted to Jon's face. "as of late."

Jon smiled, he couldn't keep from it. "Has she?"

Tyrion took a long deep breath. "The Manderlys are in the household seat here in White Harbor is that right?"

"Lord Wyman, yes"

"He had a son slain at the Red Wedding, did he not?" Varys asked Jon.

"Aye."

"Do you believe he will be receptive to our queen?"

Jon looked over the town, with it's gathering crowds. White Harbor was a southern port with a southern family. The richest city in the Northern Kingdom. They had trade- fish and grain, and they had foreign goods, by the sea. They even took the new gods, like the rest of the Kingdom, despite the bulk of their fellow banner-men staying true to the old. They were not even counted as Northerners in some places, and lately, they'd laid low in the wars top win back Winterfell. There was no saying which way Lord Manderly would lean.

"He will back Jon." Ser Davos broke in. "He is loyal to the Starks."

"You know this?" Jon regarded Davos.

"I've put time in with the Manderlys" Davos said mysteriously, "They are good, and true. Wyman is a man of honor. And he has two eligible daughters."

Jon felt more than one pair of eyes on him. "Good for him."

Davos fell silent.

Tyrion stepped in closer, "You are in the game now, Jon Snow. Do not play it with your heart. I played it with mine, and now-"

Jon met Tyrion's eyes. "I know what I' m risking."

Words of pain reflected in the Hand's face. "And her? What is she risking?"

Jon felt rather stunted, by that, then said, "Could you stop her, if she decided it was worth it?"

Tyrion shook his head and laughed just a little, "No. No I could not."

Just as the docking had started the queen walked on deck, flanked by Missandei and Greyworm. Each of them now wore great furs and long cloaks, despite it only being White Harbor, and Jon nearly smirked at the sight, except for how well Dany looked in them. He kept his head mostly forward, watching the observers collect. They were a rich but curious bunch, and he wasn't sure what was most interesting to them all, the Lannister turn-cloak, the bastard King of the North, or the Targaryan dragon-queen. Perhaps all, Jon thought grimly.

Leaving the ship, Jon and Ser Davos lead the party, and were stopped almost immediately at the end of the plank. A man of astounding drunkenness, and only one leg, wobbled forward and roared. "The King in the North!"