"Mrs. Steward and Mr. Landon are in conference room three." She says quietly, gesturing towards on of the hallways behind the desk. Benjamin nods at her,

"Thank you, Patrice." He takes my hand and tugs me towards the corridor. He's obviously been here before, if the confident way he weaves around the smartly dressed people milling around is any indication. He leads me to a door halfway down the hallway, a big number three inlaid directly into the heavy oak. Not bothering to nock, he opens up to reveal grandmother and Landon sitting at a large table, with more food than four people could possibly finish in one setting.

"Violet!" Landon exclaims, getting up to give me another feet-off-the-floor hug. He's dressed like he was yesterday, in a suit that was obviously tailored to fit. Today's suit is a rich navy-blue offset by starch a white shirt and black silk tie, black cufflinks in an iridescent material that reminds me of opals, finishes the look.

"Hi" I squawk. No able to say much else with my lungs getting crushed by Landon's massive arms.

"Sorry." He apologizes, putting me down. I give him a smile, patting his arm

"s-ok. I'm happy to see you again." I say, he looks like I've just given him the greatest gift ever. It makes me a bit self-conscious so I turn to grandmother, who gives me a much more refined hug.

"Good to see you, dear." She says, the reservedness that seems to be her mainstay melts for a minute as she regards me, pushing an errant curl behind me ear. I smile softly back,

"Good to see you too, but why am I seeing you here? It's Sunday, isn't' it?" I could be wrong, my sense of time got a bit screwed up with the hospital stay and then meeting Collin and learning, well, everything.

Benjamin rolls his eyes,

"Saturday, Sunday, most major holidays, these two would work at their own funeral if we let them." Neither Landon nor grandmother deny it, both look a bit guilty.

"But if it's important to us, and we ask, they drop work instantly for family." Grandmother smiles

"Family First. It's the Rodenheim motto."

"Since when?" Landon asks,

"Since Clarissa and I took over, of course." Grandmother sniffs at him. Benjamin laughs,

"Alright, alright. Family First. New family motto! It's better than the old one anyway."

"What was the old one?" I have to ask. Grandmother grimaces,

"Duty, Honor and Pride in Self." It doesn't sound so bad to me, but the way she says it causes me to think that there is a story behind that motto, and the need for a new one. I don't pry, though, it's too early for me to be digging up family secrets, even if I am one myself.

"Enough boring talk, let's eat!" Benjamin proclaims, pushing me towards one of the surprisingly comfortable office chairs around the table.

"So why eat here?" I ask. The building is huge, I have a feeling eating in the conference room is not a normal occurrence, there has to be a private eating room or something. I can't imagine grandmother eating here every day, even though it is a nice conference room. She smiles,

"I haven't officially announced you as one of my heirs or a member of the family. I will do so tomorrow, after we have had a chance to meet with my lawyer tonight. Until then, we need to keep your identity a secret. You really shouldn't even be here, but I couldn't say no when Ben said he wanted to bring you around for lunch, I find myself to be a bit greedy when it comes to time with my granddaughter."

"So, no tour?" Ben asks. Landon shakes his head,

"It would be better to wait until after the official announcement, less messy." Benjamin nods, I do as well. I'm not really well versed in the politics of family conglomerates like the Rodenheim's but even I know the value of controlling information release. We finish our lunch of seared salmon with a lemon glaze and Caesar salad. I'm sure the food is delicious, it looks expensive enough, but I barely taste it. I'm so wound up, the whole last 24 hours is starting to catch up with me and I haven't really had a chance to process it. Thankfully, both Landon and grandmother have to go back to work so they leave right after our meal.