Chapter THIRTY ONE

Start from the beginning

Colin wrapped me up in his arms when I meet him on the sidewalk and he kissed me before opening the car door and ushering me. I saw him stiffen slightly and I knew exactly what was wrong.

"Nick was just saying goodbye." I comforted him as the taxi started to drive away, I laid my head on his shoulder and took his hand, holding it in my lap. "I'm so happy to go home."

"Me too." Colin nodded, his voice defeated which surprised me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, turning to face him.

"Nothing, just tired." He shook his head, refusing to meet my eyes.

"Colin." I sighed lovingly and his eyes flickered briefly to mine. "Please, Please don't be mad at me. I suck I know I do. I'm sorry you're stuck with me."

"You don't suck." He laughed, "I'm not mad at you either. I'm just jealous, something I need to work out myself. You can talk to other guys, you can study with them, hug them and even text other guys if you want. As long as I'm the only one who gets the deep conversation, the dark secrets, the person you want to tell things too. Promise."

"Of course." I nodded and quickly kissed his lips, "The same goes for you, I know that you're still friends with Via. I don't want to stop you from hanging out with your oldest friend or any new ones you may have."

He grinned, "I love you. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, you can come to me with anything. I promise to listen."

He kissed my temple and we were silent.

Colin made me laugh continuously as we boarded the plane and when it landed in MSP I was still laughing. Everything else in my mind was gone, I was where I belonged.

Chris and Tommy meet us at the airport and I hugged them tightly. Both brothers smelled like home and I loved it. Colin did his usual handshake with them but kept one of his hands on my waist the entire time. Chris and Tommy noticed, raising their eyebrows in question while my face burned.

"You're mated then?" Tommy asked, pivoting in his seat to look back at us.

"We are mates. Yes." I scolded him with a glare.

Tommy grinned, "Welcome to the family man."

"Thanks." Colin laughed and squeezed my waist.

"Yeah, I'd literally trust no one more than you to be with her." Chris agreed as we began our way home.

I leaned against Colin and settled my racing heart to match his. His was strong and steady, it helped me calm down. I wasn't used to people watching us so intensely, like both of my brothers were doing currently.

Chris was smirking as my eyes briefly meet his through the rearview mirror. My face went even redder and all I heard was laughter ringing in my ears.

When we pulled into the driveway Hannah was out on the porch with Lucy, practically bouncing on her toes as the car stopped. I squealed excitedly and I saw my brother's share a grin as I jumped out of the car and straight into my sister's arms.

"Han-Han." I sighed as we hugged tightly.

"Wow." Tommy laughed, "Now I guess we know who her favorite is."

"I don't have a favorite," I mumbled but they all heard me and laughed. I rolled my eyes and pushed her away. "You've grown so much."

"Shut up." She smiled, hitting my shoulder, "Oops."

My shoulder stung as I felt the pressure of her weight hit me. "Ow." I hissed, clenching my teeth as I tried not to let out the tears in my eyes. "It's okay, I'm fine."

"Kat- I..." She started, "I haven't been around you for so long, I guess I forgot my own strength. Come to think of it dad did wince when I hugged him earlier. Oh."

"It's fine." I told her, "Chris and Tommy have given me so many bruises as their wolves changed in strength too. I'm literally surprised that this is your first time."

She rolled her eyes and then grinned as Colin grabbed my waist. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, nothing but concern in those brown eyes of his.

"Perfect," I told him with a smile.

"No. Way." Hannah shrieked, "No way. Kat! Oh my God!"

Lucy was grinning at us as she understood what was happening and I rolled my eyes as my sister started jumping around us.

"Kat?" My mother's voice came from the door and I groaned. "What's wrong? Kat?"

"I'm fine mom," I called to her but she didn't believe me as she made her way to my side.

"Where does it hurt?" She asked, ignoring me. She looked me over and then pause when he eyes zeroed in on Colin's hand on my waist. "Is he...Oh, my God."

The grin that was widest to our news was on my mother face and the relief that was in her eyes was so prominent. She wrapped me up in her arms and then kissed Colin's cheeks happily.
"Everything is perfect now." She sighed, letting her head back. "My baby is home and she's in love."

"Mom." I sighed and Colin squeezed my waist in an attempt to comfort me in my embarrassment.

"Come on, come inside. Tell us everything." My brother's scrunched up their noses at this and my face flamed at what they thought we might have done. Colin grinned down at me as we followed everyone into my house.

My dad was as excited and smiley as the rest of them, completely in love with the idea of me and Colin together forever. Which I had to admit, I was in love with the idea as well.

"I'm going to unpack my things." I sighed finally as the day came to a close and the conversation had turned to pack talk.

"I'll come with you." Colin smiled and followed close behind me. I let him carry the suitcase up the stairs for me and then I started to unpack. I was hit with sudden emotions of leaving New York, leaving my dream, that I had to repeatedly blink away my tears. I knew that I was going back. I couldn't not go back.

"Are you sad about leaving," Colin asked as he watched me throw all my clothing into a hamper. I wasn't going to pay to do it in my dorm so I waited to wash them here.

"No." I lied but Colin could tell that I wasn't being truthful. "Yeah, I loved it there," I told him after a quiet moment.

"You'll be back in less than a year." He threw his arm around my shoulders to comfort me. I leaned into his warmth and smiled, It meant everything to have his blessing in pursuing my dreams.

"I love you," I whispered and reached up on my toes to give him a kiss.

He chuckled and brushed the hair away from my face, "I love you too, Kitty. Forever and ever."

Next week we start our senior year of high school and in the spring Chris and Lucy will be married but the future is still so unpredictable. Everything could change in a blink of an eye.

One thing I'm absolutely positive about is having Colin by my side every step of the way.

This is only the beginning of our story. 

Um, sorry I've been so MIA for the past few months. But I finished the story!!!

Might make another if/when I feel that it needs to be done. Please let me know if you guys would even read it. (I promise not to make you wait so long for an ending or update in future.) lol.

Thanks for reading, commenting, or liking it. I appreciate everything! I love you for even getting to this point...:) 

Xx