Chapter 1

"Kairi!"

Kairi jumped away from the arms of the other boy. Sora glared at the blond, and he only looked back with a grin. His green eyes twinkle with pride.

Sora knew who this guy was, but never bothered to learn his name. He just knew he was a jerk, and popular with girls who never saw his real personality. As much as Sora hated to admit it, he knew exactly why he was so popular. He just had this charisma that even Sora saw. He knew how to get his way every time.

"Oh, Sora. You're here. Oh, but why the angry look? Did something happen?" he taunted, the smirk still on his face.

He knew fully well what had happened, and he didn't to regret it one bit. And that was exactly what angered Sora.

"I don't care about what you have to say," Sora said in a low voice. "Kairi, let's go. We need to talk."

Kairi looked down at her feet, making no movement to follow Sora. Sora growled, and went to take her hand. He didn't hold her hand tightly nor did he pull her roughly, but Kairi could tell that he was beyond angry.

He did have a reason to though, but Kairi didn't seem to think about what she did. She was only afraid of what Sora would do. Not to her, but to the other boy.

Sora passed someone else that leaned against a classroom door. The brunet seemed to have forgotten why he was there and who he was with. When they turned a corner, the older and taller teen turned to the blond with a glare.

"I hope you're satisfied," he told him, pushing himself away from the door. "I have to say, though. You're very brave. Don't think Sora will forget this. I can promise you, he will make you regret what you did."

With that, he left, leaving the blond to think over those words. He shrugged them off, but for some strange reason, he felt chills run down his spine when he replayed them in his mind. The look in the other teen's cold turquoise eyes didn't help.

"I-I can handle that idiot. He's got nothing against me. I-I'm way stronger."

When Sora's friend found them, Kairi was crying, holding onto Sora's arm. Sora didn't seem to care about what she was saying, and was shaking her arm away. Sora looked up, and saw his friend.

"Riku..."

The way Sora said his name hurt Riku. Kairi paid no mind to Riku. Instead, she continued to plead.

"Sora, please hear me out!"

Riku made his way towards the couple, and gently pulled Kairi away. With a sigh, Sora back away a bit.

"I'm...I'm sorry, Kairi. I need to think," Sora whispered, obviously heartbroken. "But I do think the best thing for me right now is for us not to see each other anymore."

Kairi's face changed as soon as he left. She pushed Riku away, and stormed off. Riku sighed, and heard the school's bell, signalling class was about to start. Riku had already left his things in class before lunch, so he didn't carry anything.

He shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked to his class . Riku liked Sora, and he wished he had taken interest in him and not Kairi. Even if he wanted that, he didn't want to break them up. Sora seemed so happy with Kairi, but he guess Kairi didn't like him as much as she pretended to.

Then again, Kairi was the type of person to always get her way. If she wanted something, she would stop at nothing to get it. Riku wondered what happened. She had been so kind and innocent when she was younger. Sora didn't notice the changes, but Riku did.

Once high school started, she immediately took notice how school was. She wanted to be up there with the popular students, but they never took her into account. Riku was surprised to know that he turned out to be popular, despite his cold look.

Out of his group of friends, he was the only one people paid attention to. Sora was sad to see that. He was afraid of loosing his best friend. Kairi jumped at the opportunity. She tried getting closer to Riku, and eventually asked him out. Riku refused, and she went to the next best option.

Of course, Riku would never leave his friends for popularity. He kept Sora especially close, and that was Kairi's second option. Though Riku felt like Sora didn't really like Kairi, the younger teen assured him he did.

For whatever reason, he started going out with the red haired girl. At first, Riku was constantly in a foul mood, not wanting to see or talk to the 'cutest couple', as they been called. He then accepted the fact. Him being in a bad mood would change nothing. He just had to accept it.

Riku snapped out of his thoughts when he reached his classroom. He wondered if Sora had made it to his class. He walked in, ignoring the adoring gazes of the girls. The only one who didn't was a brown haired girl. She only waved to which Riku only nodded.

He walked to the back, and sat next to one of his friends. A blond boy named Roxas. Sora's fraternal twin. He noticed the troubled look on his friend.

"Something wrong?" 

Riku shrugged. "Kind of. Sora caught Kairi kissing another guy."

Roxas leaned back in his chair, and sighed.

"I see. I'll try to cheer him up," he whispered, then turned to Riku. "He'll be over it soon. Maybe it's the shock of seeing her doing that, but it shouldn't hurt too much since he didn't like her that much."

"It hurts when someone betrays your trust," Riku said.

"I know. I'm not saying it shouldn't hurt at all," Roxas told him. "I'm more worried about him getting revenge than his pain right now."

"Yeah, me too. Sora can be pretty scary when he wants to be," Riku agreed. "I hope it doesn't come to anything like that."

"I highly doubt he won't do anything," Roxas said. "But we can hope."

Riku nodded, and looked forward when he heard the teacher walk in. Riku wouldn't be seeing Sora until after school, but he wanted to talk to him right now. Roxas knew there was no way to calm Sora right now, so texting him wouldn't do anything. Even if they had the chance to talk to him, they wouldn't get anywhere.

They both only hoped that whatever Sora did, it wouldn't hurt too many people. Any attempt at stopping him would most likely be in vain.