Chapter 2

Y/N'S POV
I went to bed after sending that text. I woke up the next day at 8 AM and quickly checked my phone but there wasn't any text. I walked into the kitchen and begin to make some coffee I also pulled out some cereal and I was gonna get ready to go to work. People doubt me and I'm not sure why well maybe I'm sure why it could be perhaps because I am 22 years old and I'm a lawyer I graduated college early and I went to law school and became a lawyer. It is kind of crazy, You know becoming a big shot and everybody just staring at you like oh wow she thinks she's all cool she's not she is an experienced and lacks things. Trust me I've heard a lot of shit about myself from coworkers and last night if anybody could tell that was me I was going to get more. I looked at Brooks room but it seemed that she already left she works for a social media account, VSCO. She has a really cool job, she takes photographs and videos of really artsy things and they become trending on the app. I walked back to the living room and switch on the TV. As soon as I sat down I heard my phone vibrate, I literally ran to that phone, and it was Abel.
Abe- Hello. Who is this
I was about to freak out I could not believe that he deleted my number, we were practically best friends and I had a crush on him for so long and ugh.
Me- It's y/n.
I could see that he read it instantly because stupidly he put on his read receipt. He didn't respond until after I texted him again,
Me- Hello?
And then suddenly I got a call,
"How did you get this number?"
"Abel you can calm down, it's literally me."
" I took you out of my life. I didn't need some stupid girl who was only looking to start shit."
"Fuck you Abel, all I ever did was care about you."
"Care about me, you never accepted me for who I was. You knew that we were good friends I would have fucking died for yo-"
"You wouldn't." I said quickly.
"You're wrong." He said
"Your voice is really different. Why can't we be friends?"
" I don't want to be friends. I know all your secrets, you're the same old song." He said without hesitation
"Please don't say that I want to be here for you I want to be with you."
He hung up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*At work*
Oh God I already seen Nicolette and Scarlet walking towards me. Let's hear what they have to complain about today I'm going to tune them out and focus on the deposition I have to finish.
"Nikki you think y/n has a boyfriend?"
"No I don't think so, you know she too weird, she don't even do shit."
"Yeah true, I heard from Kiki that this girl does not know how to argue in court."
I walked up to my door and closed it. I walked back to my desk and my phone rang, not my telephone my work phone.
"Hello?" I said
"It's Abel, I called your phone but you didn't pick up. Sorry for being such a ass, if you want we can go out for lunch or something."
"Boy do you think I'm dumb?" I said astutely
" The fuck? No."
"You did not call my phone, why did you call my work phone?" I asked.
" I see you're a lawyer. I was just interested to find out where you work first, you know, if you're working in McDonald's maybe a Burger King but you did good, a law firm."
"Thanks totally needed your compliments." I said
"The Madrid? 1pm?" He asked.
"Yea." I said smiling.
We hung up and I looked at the time. 12 pm. I have one hour to meet him sober? Oh no.
I quickly went to the bathroom and took my purse with me. I got out my foundation and concealer and mascara and eyeliner, basically everything I own. I did a full face and some contour and I prayed it would stay on. For my outfit, I was already wearing a body con black dress, so I didn't change.
"Y/N, there is a limo here for lunch." My assistant said.
"Thanks I'll be out soon."
I walked out of the office and saw the same limo from last night. I saw a bunch of reporters heading over taking pictures of the car of the driver and me, but I covered my face with my purse. I didn't want anybody knowing my identity especially if I was going to be hanging out with Abel, I was going to keep it on the down low.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I arrived to the restaurant and the paparazzi finally left me alone. I waited to see Abel and nobody showed up, I decided to wait a while longer, maybe there was traffic.
"Excuse me miss? I don't think they are coming." She said implying that I needed to leave
"Oh, alright." I said and grabbed my bag.
This stupid son of a bitch, I fucking get it Abel, you're trying to make me feel guilty but I don't give a shit. All you're doing is fueling the engine, and I'm about to burst.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hailed a cab and went to his record studio, Republic Records. I arrived and walked in, the receptionist tried speaking to me but I ignored her and walked straight past the office. I walked down the hall ignoring what that bitch was saying and looked at the labels on the door.
The Weeknd
He is definitely getting a taste of this; I opened the door and saw him sitting on a chair with two dancers, dancing. He quickly turned around when the door opened and I looked at him with disgust. I rolled my eyes and walked out, but I wasn't going to leave just yet. After a couple minutes the burlesque dancers walked out and I walked back in.
For a moment we stared at each other and didn't say anything.
       "Sorry. Something came up." He said so casually
"Mhm." I said
       "You good?" He asked
"Yea Abe, I'm definitely good! I'm definitely good after being in a cab drunk with my best friend from high school who decided to leave me and start his own music business and continues to do drugs and not get help about it. And now that we have reconnected he still decides to leave me hanging. Totally good though!" I said looking at him dead center
       "I don't need that dumb ass help." He said
"For sure! When you die of an overdose, I'll have your manager call me." I said
I shouldn't have said that.
       "Get the fuck out." He said
"Wait no, no I'm sorry Abe tha-"
       "Stop calling me Abe. I'm Abel and you should be going. You don't want people to see that you're here with me right? Might bring down your popularity." He said mocking me
I didn't know how to respond, but I knew I wanted to be there for him.
"Whatever goodbye." I said wiping tears quickly and walking out.