00. prologue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

00

lifeline

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE SOUND OF her laughter filled the room.

It was a sweet melody, which caught the attention of many. She was generous, sassy, gorgeous; attractive all in all — from her adorable laugh, to the way her blonde curls cascaded down her chest, baby blue eyes that accentuated her rosy complexion, and cheeks blushing every so often. Everything about her screamed happiness — but she was far from happpy.

Underneath the melodic sound of her laughter, was a girl who whimpers at night, praying to whatever god there is, to stop the voices that adds to the agony that she has felt over the years — her baby blue orbs, clouded with hurt, and tears falling out of her eyes to trail down her pale cheeks.

Estelle Fleur was the rainbow in someone else's cloud — or she used to be. She wasn't just a star — she was the moon and all of the stars that lit up the darkness of the world. She was someone who would have everyone know that she is happy, to keep them happy — even though her life has been anything but.

Three sharp knocks on the tinted glass door of Constellations Café, halted the conversation she was having with her co-workers. The door is not even locked. She thought to herself, nevertheless, flashing her co-workers a sweet smile that caused the corners of her eyes to crinkle as she excused herself.

Hesitantly, she slid off the jet-black colored stool — the color, not any different to the furnitures in the café, giving off a galaxy vibe. She made her way to the door, letting out a deep-breath, and plastering a fake smile onto her face to greet the customer. Her smooth, dainty, hands grasped the silver knob before swinging it open —

"Hi! Welcome to — " her greeting was cut short when a lean, muscular, figure fell on top of her, causing her to land on the marble floor with a loud thud. Pain jolted right through her back, a disgruntled groan pushing past her lips as he shut her eyes tightly and arched her back, in hopes to ease the pain but to no avail.

The man on top of her raised himself up — not long before Elle's scent engulfed him. And he knew right away, he knew that it was her, the Black Opium perfume that Elle has always used gave it all away.

"Estelle," her name rolled off his tongue and it felt foreign to him, and in one swift motion, he was rolled over onto the cold tiles. Blood gushing out — oozing out of his nose and mouth, a lot of cuts on his arms, and blood pooling on the left side of his abdoment and right chest, making his white v-neck shirt resembled a shade of cherry red.

"Elle, are you okay?" Her co-worker — Lana Fergus asked and she responded with a soft hum; eyes still shut.

She was hesitant. Hesitant to know why the man knew her. He must've been a regular costumer? A family friend? A schoolmate perhaps? She reasoned with herself, but couldn't shake off the feeling that maybe it was him. The hoarse and gruff sound of his voice was familiar to her, even though she hadn't heard it for years; he was someone whom she can't just forget.

Not after everything he has done.

Deciding that it was best to see for herself, she fluttered her eyes open and accepted Lana's outstretched hand to pull her up on her feet. Letting out a breathy sigh of relief, as her back didn't hurt like it did mere minutes ago. Her breathing picked up as Carter Reed and Tobias Knox stood frozen in their place — eyes flashing in recognition, looming at whoever was below them groaning in pain. Elle ripped her gaze away from the two men, and looked at the person in front of her.

There lay, Zeke Castiel, the person who shattered her heart into broken pieces — Follow your heart El. He had always told her, but when her heart is broken and all over the place, which piece should she follow?

She disliked Zeke — no; she hated him with a burning passion for taking away two of her most prized gems, and for just being him at that.

Elle was stuck between leaving him alone to die, that way, she would finally gain the revenge she had always wanted, once and for all. But a part of her told that there is more to than what meets the eye, after all, it has been two long years since the incident on the 18th of January 2014, has taken place.

Elle kneeled in front of the guy she had wished death on, not just long ago. But there he was — lying limply on the floor, all bloody, barely breathing, and just a few minutes away from his death bed. But even with that occurence, it didn't gave her the satisfaction like she had imagined to witness Zeke Castiel dying in front of her very own eyes.

"Elle," Zeke clutched on her warm hand against his cold, calloused, and bloody ones, tugging on it as he placed her hand on his chest.

"I'm sorry." He murmured, for the first time after two years, gunmetal blue eyes rolling to the back of his head. "You might not believe me," — she was about to pull away, but he clutched her hand tightly, holding onto it as if it were his lifeline — "But deep in my heart, I've regretted everything that I have done." He admitted, "I'm sorry El." Her eyes widened and panic started to kick in as Zeke shut his eyes, not long before murmuring, "I really am."

And then just like that, his grip on her hand loosened, but his chest was still heaving, and even the softest, slightest, beating of his heart, gave her hope. She turned to look at her co-workers, throwing away all the grudges she had for Zeke at the moment —

"Call 911."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

instagram : kheyreenfaith
snapchat : kheyreen
kik : kheyreenfaith
gmail : kereenfaithofficial@gmail.com