FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

IZ, RUN!

Jughead and I were sat on the sofa just talking as he typed away on his laptop. He asked about where I got my Serpent tattoo to which I showed him the medium-sized Serpent symbol on my left rib.

"Huh nice" He nodded I was just about to ask about his tattoo on his arm when Toni walked into the room in just Jugheads top. You see, I stayed at Sweet Pea's place last night and had just got back this morning. And before your perverted minds make anything up, no, we did not sleep together. I stood up quickly, mouth agape looking at both of them.

"You know what, I don't even want to know," I said before grabbing my jacket and walking out of the trailer. I heard both of them calling after me but I paid them no attention and carried on walking. How could he do that to Betty when hey just broke up last night? He needs a stern talking to.

Jugheads POV

"Now onto the next crash pad before my Uncle stops locking me out," Toni said

"My trailer is your trailer," I told her, letting her know she stay whenever she likes. Well, hopefully when Iz isn't there cause I don't know how she will feel about that. I fucked up big time and god knows what she thinks of me now. "Last night was..."

"A PG-13 grope session" She carried on making me look up at her quickly.

"Ooh way to knock a guy down a peg," I said smiling but I was actually embarrassed on the inside.

"Look, cards on the table... you're not over Betty. And I'm not interested in being anybody's rebound. Besides... I'm more into girls anyway" She explained to me.

I nodded awkwardly trying to avoid her eyes "Roger that" I said picking up some bacon and taking a bite out of it

Iz POV

"I can't believe he would do that, they had just broken up and he hadn't even heard Betty's side of the story nor had she heard his" I was sat on Sweet Peas bed as he laid down next to me "I just think it was all too fast and messy, Toni must know that she's just a rebound"

"Babe, come here," Sweet Pea told me to which I laid down next to him with my arm around his chest. He put his arm around my waist "Jughead's a big boy and if he wants to do... that, then he can ok? It's just his way of dealing with the pain" He reassured me.

"I guess you're right" I looked up at him and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. Before I could move away, he held my face and pulled me in for a longer kiss. They started to get longer and more sloppy and soon I was straddling his waist as he grabbed my butt. Before things could get any more heated I pulled away from his lips.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked grabbing my face stroking my cheeks with his thumbs.

"Nothing... uh. I just think we are moving a little too fast" I told him rolling off him to sit crossed legged next to him.

"What? Seriously? It's nothing you haven't done before" He laughed slightly. He reached out for my hand but I snatched it away quickly. He looked up to my face to see the dirty look I was giving before watching me grab my jacket and bag and walking out of the trailer. "Babe! Izzy! Don't leave! Shit!" He shouted. He punched the wall beside his bed before sitting back on the bed and putting his face in his hands.

...

I was standing by my locker with Toni just talking about random stuff. I decided that what her and Jughead do is none of my business. And I really need to talk to someone about what happened last night.

"So he said that it was nothing that you hadn't done before?" I nodded to her in response "God, he's such an idiot sometimes. What did you do after?"

"I just left and went home. I just, ugh... I don't know what to do about it right now"

She put her hand on my arm and smiled at me sympathetically.

"Izzy! Iz! Elizabeth!" I hear someone shouting from the end of the corridor. I noticed Jughead and Archie trying to get my attention but just as I was about to walk over to them the main doors slammed open and Mayor McCoy walked in with lots of police officers. They started coming in and arresting every Serpent insight. Sweet Pea ran up to me through the hectic crowd.

"Iz, run now!" He shouted trying to block me from the officers.

"No way, I'm not leaving you and Toni"

"Iz, seriously, go before you end up in jail with us" I kissed him quickly and started to run but an officer grabbed me and slammed me against the locker. My vision started to go blurry due to the sheer force of the push and I felt blood trickle down my face.

"Izzy!" I heard Sweet Pea shouting and screaming "Let me go she's hurt!" He struggled to try to get out of the arms of the two officers that were holding him "Izzy! Izzy!" He kept shouting but I could no longer hear him over the ringing in my ear. I let the officer lead me out of the school and into his car. Once we got to the station, I was placed in a holding cell where there were some other teen Serpents as well.

After a few minutes, Sweet Pea arrived and instantly grabbed my face to look over my injury. "Sweets, I'm ok. I think our main priority is figuring out how to get out of here" He rolled his eyes before planting a kiss on my forehead and sitting down next to me holding me close in his arms. "Don't think this means you're getting away with what happened earlier" I raised my eyebrows before turning round to speak to Toni.