I'm Glad You're Evil Too Prt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I take into my hands. I made eye contact with you for only a second before I smiled. I forgot what it felt like to smile. You blushed, blinking slowly.

While still carrying this meaningless sentimentality,

I think that was the moment you realized you what you made me feel. The sweet, pink blush that crossed your cheeks was like the final piano note in sonata. Even with the silly rubber duck in my hand, the moment burned a place in my heart. It was the moment I knew what future I wanted; what life I wanted to live. I remember it so vividly. Even as you turned back around quietly, I remember the sight of your hair and different it looked back then. 

In that moment, I knew you were a person I could trust in. I knew we had something special, something I somehow felt I would never get anywhere else. I liked you. Even if I never admitted it, I knew deep inside that it was more than like

In the cold rain, was always getting caught. Even though I had avoided sunny spots

The palm of your hand was such a warming place to rest my own

"Why are your hands so cold?" You whispered to me. We stood under a tree, hiding from the sun that always tried to find us. I hated the sun when you loved it. That was just the type of people we were. Your hands were so soft on my own. I couldn't believe the feeling of you close to me was real. I never thought I would get this ending. I don't think you'd understand how this feels to somebody like me. I lived a miserable life without anybody as a light, but you... you...

"Coldness is just a lack of warmth," I responded with a smile. You were the person that I loved. I grew to know that and accept that. I'm happy that even in my darkest time, I wasn't blind enough to push away the person that kept me alive. 

"I'll give you warmth." You responded happily while grabbing my hands tightly. As you stared at them, I couldn't help but stare at you. Warmth, was the only word I could conjure up in my head. You... were always so warm. 

Everybody says that warmth is meaningless, we don't know what true happiness is

"You're just a child, Maven." My mother's cold voice struck me like a lightning bolt. She stared down at me with her eyes, drowning me slowly. I told her about you, and what I felt. I looked for a solution. I looked for help. I looked for it in my own mother, who just decided to put me down. I never trusted her after that, which I guess was the best decision I ever made.

She put her hand in my hair, almost like she was reminding me of how much taller she was than me. 

"You'll find somebody better," her words, like falling glass, impaled my heart. I didn't watch her walk away. I just stared at the ground. She'll never know what I feel. Her dead, emotionless heart can never know the love I feel. There is nobody better for me than you. I know this. You are the one I want, you are the one I need. I can't let you go. 

In the rubble, I'd find you amidst. With love, we clung tightly,

like the first time sharing this feeling

"I remember this," you whisper to me. After graduating college, we both decided to move in together. You gathered all of your belonging and took it to our new place. I look at what you are holding. It's a scrapbook, one with writing next to every picture. You point at a certain photograph with both of us as teens holding onto each other like it was our last embrace. I smile.

You flip through the rest of your book, opening more memories in my head that I hadn't thought about in ages. 

In that time, I remember our relationship and how much it impacted me specifically. You were the first person I ever grew to love. And I'm glad. I think about how my life would be different if somebody different sat in front of me in class. I believe I would be sadder without your gorgeous eyes in my life.