𝘿𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙍𝙤𝙨𝙚 ― 𝙄𝙄𝙄

Inside, TARDIS, Console room...

"So, what do you think?" The Doctor asked the Guardian as the two of them went about working the controls of the console.

"What do you mean?" The Guardian questioned him, not looking up as she typed something into a typewriter-like keyboard.

"Oh, like you don't know." He rolled his eyes.

"Yes, well, that is why I asked."

"Come on, Ari." The Doctor urged as he flipped a couple of switches. "It might do you good."

"I'm not like you." The Guardian sighed, pulling the monitor to where it was right in front of her face. "I don't come across people and ask them to run away with me after I almost get them killed."

"I don't do that." He frowned, leaning past the time rotor to look at her.

"Yeah." She snickered, rolling her eyes. "Look, I'm only here 'cause you brought me along. This wasn't my choice."

"Oh, really?" The Doctor went and pushed the monitor away from the Guardian to get her to look at him, raising an eyebrow at her. "Would you have preferred the alternative?"

"Being dead and not having to live with survivor's guilt?" She asked, knowing full-well that it wasn't even a question. "Hell yes."

With that and a slight glare aimed the Doctor's way, she defiantly pulled the monitor screen back in front of her face.

"That's what you think this is?" He asked her quietly, watching as she went back to typing on the typewriter-like keyboard.

Sighing internally, the Guardian just shook her head. "And you don't...? Now, can we please just drop it?"

Not really having a good answer for that, the Doctor just went back to working the controls. "Look, like it or not, this is what it is."

"Doctor." The Guardian said, a worried expression growing on her face as she looked at the monitor.

"And also like it or not," The Doctor continued. "you and I, we're all each other's got now."

"Doctor." The Guardian said again, her grip on the edge of the console tightening.

"Look, the point is –"

"Doctor!" The Guardian shouted, cutting him off and finally getting him to pay attention to her. "We've got a problem."

"Don't we always?" The Doctor sighed before rounding the console. "What's the issue?"

"That." The Guardian jabbed a particular spot on the monitor screen with her finger.

The Doctor squinted, peering over her shoulder as they looked at the monitor. "You put out a tracking signal?"

"Well, duh." The Guardian rolled her eyes, gesturing at the plastic arm that laid on the console. "You didn't bring that for nothing. Come on, Daisy and Rose are in danger."

"Well, then," The Doctor rolled his eyes right back as he went and pulled a lever. "time to pay them and their... friend a visit."

***

Inside, Restaurant...

"Do you think I should try the hospital?" Rose wondered as she ate her meal, her, Daisy and Mickey all sitting together at a small table in a little Italian restaurant. "Suki said they had a few jobs going in the canteen. Is that it, then, dishing out chips?"

"There are A Levels, Ro." Daisy suggested, her chin resting in the palm of her hand while she absentmindedly swirled her drink around in its glass with the other.