↝ character analysis: malekith the accursed

Start from the beginning

 ❝ A   B R I E F   L O O K . ❞

First Appearance: Thor #344 】

Malekith the Accursed is the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim. He is considered a master sorcerer, who can manipulate magical forces, which include: teleportation, energy projection, physical malleability, flight (he can turn into mist), and the ability to change the shape and appearance of other beings or objects.

Basically, his repertoire is very similar to our favorite God of Mischief.

Which is understandable, because he is first introduced in the comics working with Loki. However, unlike Loki, he seems to be quite a fancy looking elf, with his long, luscious blonde locks. He essentially looks like the elven version of Fabio.

 Yep

... Yep.

But uh, technically, he really isn't that exciting in the older comics. His profile is pretty generic: he's a dark elf that is known to be cruel and selfish, to the point that he has turned on his own people (and yet somehow still always manages to get followers). He's not afraid of betraying allies if it serves his purpose. It should be noted that he may have worked with Loki, but neither trusted each other.

Another fun fact — in the original comics, he was the owner of the Casket of Ancient Winters. We can see him utilizing in earlier runs of the comics, as well as in the lackluster animated series of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

If you want to torture yourself, I'd suggest watching the clip on Youtube. Personally, I found it just a bar above his portrayal in Thor: Dark World, which quite frankly, is sad.