Ch. 5

Tj

Months have passed. Performances almost every night. We're still trying to keep our mind off of our loss. Every day hurts but we're learning that what happened...happened and we can't bring him back no matter what. He's gone. Prettymuch is a group of 4 now and always will be, no changing that.

I rested my head on Nick's lap as they payed attention to their interview from a few hours prior to this moment. That interview was harsh. Even though it's been months, this is where they really got into how they felt about Zion's passing and what happened and how it affected them. I rested in the back during that interview, listening to their voices speak what was on their minds.

"-and we didn't get...a chance to...say goodbye to him. We didn't get to help him. He was pronounced dead on the scene. Right...then and there." We watched as the Brandon, on the interview, spoke.

I paused the interview. "Why did this happen to us? Out of all the fucking people in the world." I questioned as I sat up. All eyes were on me but not a word was spoken from anyone.

Minutes passed. "Gods plan. Somehow some way, it's his plan. He's got something for us and this was part of it" Nick said, resting his hand on my thigh. I flinched slightly.

"S-sorry" I said.

"My fault" he said, clearly concerned.

Unknown

"Please dont hurt her" I squeaked as I watched my best friend trembling. Kent stood above her as she trembled and tried to quiet her sobs.

"S-she can't go so soon. Uncle Kent please don't" I stood a few feet away from him, sobbing as I was scared to get near him.

"It's what has to happen. You'll never understand why I'm doing this to you, will you? No. You're too young. It's better now than later." He said with a slight chuckle in his words.

"S-she's my friend. Please keep her...I'll do anything. I promise." I spoke, tears falling down my small face.

"You're only 8. It's time. You've dealt with loss before and you can deal with another one." Kent spoke as he shook cocked his gun, creating a clicking sound as he placed it to her head.

"She's my best friend...why are you doing th-" "TURN AROUND" he cut me off, yelling. I yelped slightly and turned around, facing the wall behind me. I was shaking uncontrollably.

"PLEASE MAKE HIM STOP" she screamed. My best friend. My crush. Why is he doing this?

Moments passed and all that was heard was her sobs as we both knew what was going to happen. After a few more seconds, I jumped at the sound of a gunshot right behind me. Terrified for my life, I stood facing the wall.

I heard the door open.

"Get her out of here." Kent spoke coldly as I heard more feet shuffling around the room.

"She's gone. You can turn around" Kent said to me.

I turned around slowly, gasping at the sight of the blood splattered on the wall and floor, knowing that that's all that was left of her. I miss her.

"Why did you do that to her..." I trailed off, my sobs turning into screams in a matter of seconds.

I felt his arms wrap around me and I felt disgusted being in his embrace knowing what he's done to the people I love.

"You're too young" were the last words Kent spoke before he let go of me with a sigh and a pat on the shoulder. I watched as he walked towards the door and I followed him through it, unsure of what to do next.

*memory end*