Chapter 2

"But first, let me take a selfie!" Blair screams throwing her hands up and dancing in her seat to the music. Whipping her long black hair around like a maniac.

She stops and looks over at me.

"What? Don't like the song?" She asks.

"Not really. I mean, it's literally just talking. If I knew that'd be socially acceptable I would have talked into a mic and added a beat behind it years ago" I tease.

The song is catchy, I'll admit that. But it's just not my type of music. I'd prefer Lorde or Ed Sheeran to this any day. Blair doesn't agree with my musical taste, but sometimes she puts up with it for me.

"Or I could have just written a song with random lyrics that don't make sense and pretend that they have deeper meaning?" she retorts, referring to Lorde.

"Are you kidding me? She's a lyrical genius!" I say and laugh.

Blair rolls her hazel eyes at my statement and laughs with me.

We finally get into the main part of the city when we come to the decision to stay in Buffalo for the night. We had saved up quite a bit for this trip over the past few years, and can afford to stay at a decent hotel. We decide on a 4 star one that resides between a Panera Bread and a gas station.

"Food and gas, perfect" Blair says and we park the car.

I roll up the hood and we head into the main lobby.

After setting up a room and getting the key we grab our stuff and move up to the third floor. We unlock the room and drop each of our bags on the two beds on the right side of the room. On the left there is a desk covered in brochures and hotel pens, a mini fridge, and a small table in the corner. A large flat screen TV comes out from the wall above the desk, facing the two beds.

Blair begins to freshen herself up with make-up while I look at the hotel's brochure. There is a pool and sauna, a ballroom, and a buffet room.

"Hey Blair, there's a teen dance thing tonight at 8 in the ballroom" I state.

She leans out from the bathroom door.

"Ooh! Let's go!" She says with excitement.

"Oh, I don't want to go. But I thought that it would interest you" I say flatly.

"Why would I want to go alone? And besides, it'll be fun! The two of us, dancing our hearts out, flirting with cute boys" she winks.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

"I guess an hour or two wouldn't be so bad..."

"Good! Now get ready, it's 7:30!"