The Princess (Part 1)

4/20/18 - 4/22/18

"When's she comin'?" Dedede yelled. "She's takin' forever!"

"Calm down, Your Majesty!" Escargoon panicked. "I'm sure she'll be here any minute!"

"Who is this female character?" Meta Knight pokes his head through the doorway.

"What?" Dedede snapped. "Were you eavesdropping!?"

"I wouldn't necessarily call it that due to the fact that you are screaming so loud that practically all of Popstar can hear you." Meta Knight said dryly.

"Well if you must know," Escargoon began, "it appears that a princess from another planet is to be visiting us today!"

"A princess, hm? From where?"

"We don't know." Dedede smirked. "I just can't wait to meet her!"

Meta Knight quietly sighed from behind his mask. "Your Majesty, I would suggest that you don't jump right on her when she arrives."

"Hey, who are you to tell the King what to do?" Escargoon snapped.

"Yeah, Metal Knight!" Dedede joined in. "Don't forget that you work for me, you hear?" He jabbed his thumb at his chest. "I'm the one that gives orders around here."

Meta Knight went to make a quick, sarcastic remark, but bit his tongue when Escargoon rushed to the window and pointed outside, yelling, "Look!"

Dedede rushed to the window and smiled widely, exclaiming, "Oh goodie! She's here!" He and Escargoon dashed out of the room and sprinted for the courtyard. Meta Knight eyed them as they left before making his way his room, where Blade and Sword were playing with a deck of cards. "A princess, eh?" Blade spoke up.

"Apparently so." Meta Knight mumbled as he fumbled with the lid of his candy jar. He pulled out a piece and stuffed it in his mouth.

"Better keep her away from Dedede." Sword chuckled.

"I already planned on it. Come on, men." Meta Knight turned and shuffled into the hallway, taking his partners to the courtyard. The trio of knights, along with Dedede, Escargoon, and the entirety of Tiff and Tuff's family, watched as the starship slowly landed.

Everyone gasped when two knights exited the ship, wielding golden spears. But what was truly astonishing was the fact that the knights were human of all species! They stepped to the side as a girl (not you) slowly strode out onto the grass.

Her head held high with her nose stuck up in the air, she took a deep whiff of the fresh air. She slowly opened her eyes, looking down at Dedede and Escargoon. Her two knights approached her as they tied her dark brown hair up in a perfect bun and smoothed out her dark purple dress of velvet.

"I assume you are the king?" She asked monotonously.

"Indeed I am!" King Dedede yelled. "And who might you be, pretty lady?"

"Watch your tongue!" A knight hissed.

"How dare you address Princess Viera in such a degrading manner!" The other growled.

As Dedede's eyes widened in fear, Viera, who effortlessly kept her calm and serious composure, glanced at the trio of knights that stood beside the penguin. "Are you royal guards, by chance?"

"Indeed." Meta Knight answered as he and his men bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Princess Viera."

"You may rise." She said as the trio obeyed.

"As stated, I am Princess Viera. These are my best knights, Nory and Zery." She motioned to the men on both sides of her.

Everyone else introduced themselves, and as they finished, she called, "(Y/N), come out."