Later on, Maryse had called for Alex, Izzy, Jace and I to come to their office but only Jace would be missing. When we made it to the office Maryse and her husband Robert were waiting.

"What's going on?" Alec asked when we entered the room.

"Sit." Maryse's strong voice spoke.

As we took our seats Roberts' voice spoke. "It's no surprise Jace isn't here." 

"He got held up. Said to start without him."

"I'm sure he has a good reason." I almost rolled my eyes. Sure if a fledgling in the basement was a good reason.

"Your mother and I, Ok, I requested a meeting with the Clave to inform them that the Seelies are siding with Valentine."

"And the Clave denied it."

"What do you mean? They don't want you coming to Idris?"

"There are rumors that local Shadowhunters are interfering with Downworlder affairs but you three wouldn't know anything about that right?"

Simotainiously we all answered no.

"Since all this happened here under our command there is concerned with our devotion to our job and the cause."

"But we're the Lightwoods and she's a Herondale."

"Remember the honor isn't in the name it's in the deed." Robert took a deep breath. "The Clave is sending an envoy."

"Who will be coming to observe us." 

"And to gather information about Valentine and report back."

"But really to scrutinize our leadership so I beg of the three of you don't do anything that would cause the Clave to lose even more trust in us." 

We all just slumped on the couch and looked at each other. 

Alec and I met up with his little brother Max as we walked around the Institute. Max was asking Alec if he could get him his Steele back which I had thought was cute. Alec had made him a deal if he behaved while the Envoy was here Alec would get it back for him. Right as he was making a deal the Institute's doors opened up revealing Valentine. I grabbed my daggers while Alec pushed Max behind him and grabbed his bow. 

Armed and ready I threw one of my daggers just as Alec released an arrow. Valentine caught the arrow but moved out of the way of my dagger just in time for it to cut his cheek. I was about to throw another when I saw the glamour glitch. I slightly relaxed but still held my guard. Whoever was behind the glamour rolled up their sleeve and showed who they were. A beautiful woman stood out with blonde hair and plump lips but her face did hold a stern expression. 

"That reaction time was abysmal except for you two. I'm Lydia Bramwell, envoy from the Clave." Her voice was one of superiority. I found it kind of sexy I couldn't help it. She then walked right passed us. "Maryse, the Clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this Institute."

"Wait a minute, nobody informed us."

"The Clave doesn't need to and to repeat myself it's temporary. Nothing's been decided yet but I will need full clearance to assess how this Institute is running. Where is Clary Fairchild? I would hope someone knows." 

"She's in the field training," Alec spoke up.

"You're telling me she's just out and about on the streets of New York. Valentine's daughter."

"Isn't she also your cousin?" I couldn't help but smirk at Izzy. 

"Distant cousin."

"She's with Jace."