Lei: Yes... that's exactly who I am, (Y/N)...

He was reasonably shocked that Lei was able to respond to a thought. This only served to fuel Lei's dark smirk before he stood straight while clenching his gauntlet covered fist.

Lei: I would extend the hand of 'friendship' as you call it, but you and I both know that only one person can exist with this face. While I would be glad to give it up, I would much rather kill you here and now and take your identity, it would be extremely amusing to harm your friends with your face. I would enjoy as they look at your face, eyes filled with betrayal!

(Y/N): Shut up! I won't ever let that happen!

Lei: Don't make promises you can't keep (Y/N), by tomorrow, Beacon will be filled with dead bodies and I will have become the strongest being in this world after stealing Melissa's power. I will rule the entirety of Remnant!!

(Y/N): Wow... all that power and potential, and yet you turn out to be a boring cliché character...

Lei: What?

(Y/N): You could've at least made it interesting by saying you were going to kill everyone at least... geez, and here I thought Beacon had boring bullies and Salem was a boring unseen main villain. You just topped my list of boring characters, and boy is that list very short...

Lei: Heh, humour will get you nowhere with me (Y/N), I'll still kill you...

(Y/N): Whatever, let's get this fight over with! I got better things to do than listen to such a cliché statement!!

They both assumed similar combat stances with (Y/N) wielding Gain as a greave on his right foot while Lei had Pain as a revolver in his right hand. Suddenly, the two disappeared before reappearing in front of each other, (Y/N) was blocking his own gauntlet with Gain now as a gauntlet. Although he had a look of pure concentration on his face, Lei was still making his arm shake from the amount of effort he was using.

Lei: This is what Melissa prefers? Pathetic! If you can't block a punch like that without taking damage, then Melissa is better off with me!

(Y/N): Take her! I don't care about that witch! But I'll make sure she dies before you can get her power!!

Lei: I won't let you kill her!

Lei suddenly pulls away from the lock the two were in before slamming Gain into (Y/N)'s stomach. He coughs up spit but quickly grits his teeth and smacks Lei away sending him flying into an already broken store. (Y/N) wipes the blood from his mouth before leaping at the building, only for Pain in its greave form smash into his face. He was sent flying, but quickly adjusted himself mid-air, his nose now bled causing him to wipe it away on Gain.

Lei: You should know, no matter how much you hit me, I'll keep getting stronger. You should know from your semblance after all.

(Y/N): That's only from sadness, but I can tell you're not the least bit sad right now.

Lei: And this is why I'm better, Salem's magic is powerful. When I was created, I was gifted with your semblance but an updated version that allows me to use it without relying on my emotions (Y/N). In other words, I have the upper hand in this fight since I can easily control all the powers our semblance has to offer...

(Y/N): Having the advantage doesn't make you the clear winner.

Lei clenched Pain with a smirk and eyes closed before suddenly a grey aura surrounded him. (Y/N) took a step back in astonishment at the amount of pressure his aura was producing, it was almost enough to bring him to his knees.

Lei: Can you say the same now? I've been growing stronger ever since we first landed a blow on each other, it's the special ability of this body of mine: I grow stronger with every blow I receive or deliver, you could say the more I fight, the more powerful I become.