Defying Love

~PREVIEW~

        “I know my family will be staying at your house for the next six months but will you please restrain yourself from ravishing me with your lewd eyes.” 

The perfectly chiseled god that I had met in the living room suddenly vanished right before my eyes as he grew his horns and tail right in front of me and became the devil himself. Unable to find my voice as his words registered in my brain, I simply tucked my legs in and assumed the sulking position and faced the opposite wall. 

“Aki-kun! Can you please help me with the bags!” Akihiko’s mother called out to him from inside as I continued to marvel at the hurtful words that were directed at me by the said man. Insulted at my own house. I could already see how wonderful these six months will turn out to be. 

Akihiko slid the door leading into the house open and went in without a word. I gave a relieved sigh as I thought I was alone in my thoughts and sulking, but somebody up there just doesn’t really like me. It was not long after until my solitude was interrupted by Akihiko’s little brother, Akihiro. 

Sucking it up, I turned to face him with a warm smile, “Hel-” but even before I could finish my greeting, Akihiro held his hand up. Wow. I guess the uncanny ability of being rude didn’t skip his generation either. I patiently waited for him to say something with a polite smile, all the while thinking, “He’s only twelve, he’s only twelve. I will not squabble with a twelve year old.”

As I waited for him to say something, I couldn’t help but notice his angelic face, something that he shared with his brother. They had the same dirty blonde hair and the same cold hearted hazel eyes. 

“Second place is the first loser,” was the only thing Akihiro told me as he stuck his tongue out at me and ran back into the house. Told off by the two brothers in one night! What did I do to deserve this? As I rocked myself in the bench swing in our patio, I decided that this was the start of a terrible year.