"Favourite"

A deleted scene from the movie Gifted is reference: 

Frank was standing at the local liquor store holding two bottles of wine from the Willamette Valley Vineyard in his hands and for the life of him he couldn't remember which one he had liked the taste of better.

Even though he had been eating at Jessie's house for almost two weeks now, he knew that night's formal family dinner was important to Joey's mom and he didn't want to show up empty handed. Besides, he figured that he'd need a nice healthy dose of alcohol to tolerant Barry's annoying goodie two shoes act, so bringing wine would be killing two birds with one stone.

Frank sensed his upcoming defeat and sighed to himself alone in the store. He knew that Barry wasn't faking anything. He actually was a really nice guy and that was what probably bothered Frank more. He knew he couldn't compete with the guy on that front. After tonight, Barry was sure to take his place as Jessie's favourite. Maybe he could impress his girlfriend's mother by picking out a decent wine instead?

In times like these, Frank almost wished that he had the kind of relationship with his mother that Joey had with hers. Evelyn knew her wine and could have easily pointed him in the right direction, but Frank didn't want to give his mother the satisfaction of helping him out or tipping her off that he was in a monogamous relationship for the first time in years. Just the thought of Evelyn's impending disapproval sent a chill up his spine.

"Frank? Is that you?"

In hearing his name, Frank was snapped out of his thoughts and he spun around, instantly spotting Bonnie's head peeking out from the end of the aisle.

"Hey, how ya doing?" Frank greeted her with an easy smile that was returned with an equally easy smile and a cute little wave from her.

Bonnie had a sweetness that made it impossible for Frank to stay mad at her. That and, with things going so well for him lately, holding grudges seemed pointless. At the end of the day, Frank figured that he had hurt her far more than her catty comment about Joey had hurt him, so he decided to let bygones be bygones.

"I'm doing good. I've missed you at Ferg's last few Friday nights."

"Ya, Joey and I had dinner out by the pier and we've been working on her house. I haven't really had the time." Frank explained. He hated how fake his voice sounded when he tried to make small talk. "We're having dinner at her mom's tonight, but maybe we'll grab a drink there after."

"So you're a 'we' now?" Bonnie stated more as a fact than a question.

"Yeah, we are." Frank confirmed with confidence, but soon started to feel like an ass when he saw the disappointment flash behind Bonnie's eyes. She tried to hide it, but he saw it and it made him feel terrible. It had never been his intention to hurt her, he had assumed that she was over him already since they hadn't been together that long in the first place.