12: Different

Willow's P.O.V. 

He continues to look at his phone and I smile. He slightly looks up from his phone and looks at me, noticing that I am awake.

He sets his phone down and smiles. "Hello," he says and sits up, kissing my forehead. He sits back and grabs my hand, looking at me and smiles again. 

"Hi," I say.

"So, how are you feeling?" he asks.

"Scared," I say.

"What? Why?" he asks.

"Today is shower day," I say.

"Damn," he says, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I laugh.

"I just wish you had it better, you know. I hate you not being able to walk around and how much it hurts you," he says.

"Oh," I say.

"And from what you have said about yourself, which has been very little, I can tell you didn't really rely on people so this is stressful for you to have to get taken care of. I know you seem so damn helpless and that you feel stuck so I am sorry that I can't do anything to make that better for you. I know it sucks," he says.

I am left completely speechless. I move my mouth to say anything but nothing comes out. He smiles.

"Why do you come here every day?" I ask randomly.

"What?" he asks, thrown off guard.

"Why do you come here and see me every day?" I ask. 

"I don't know. I guess it's just hard to be in the same house that Grayson and I made so many memories in. It hurts to actually understand that he is gone and isn't coming back. We-" he pauses and looks down, "we were really close. We did everything together. We never left each other's sides. Now he is gone and it just sucks to be around my family while they are mourning and then I met you." He looks up with tears in his eyes, ready to spill over onto his cheeks. He smiles as a tear falls.

"I met you," he says, "You somehow make things seem kind of bearable. I still miss Grayson every single fucking second but it easier to talk about with you. It hurts, of course, but you help me cope. I don't understand it. So thank you for that," he says.

"Oh. I didn't know that you were hurting so bad. You make it seem like you are fine all of the time. I want you to show emotions to me just like I show my emotions to you. I don't fully but you already know that. It is definitely okay to be hurt because of your brother. I understand you guys were close. I wish he was still here. Come here, E," I say, pulling him closer.

I grab the sides of his face with both of my hands and smile at him. So much adrenaline is pumping through my veins. I wipe his tears off with my thumbs. 

"How are you so freaking beautiful, even when you cry?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders. He looks down at my lips and my body tightens. He slowly leans in. I haven't had my actual first kiss before. I have had pecks but nothing more than pecks. No tongue or whatever. 

I feel his breath on my face. I can smell traces of mint and what seems like hot dogs. Someone behind Ethan clears their throat and Ethan moves back and sits in his chair, my hand sits in his still. 

I don't remember closing my eyes but I slowly open them and jerk away from the person standing there. My whole body cringes away and tries to sink into the bed as far as possible. He smiles and I see him bare his teeth like a wolf, ready to sink his teeth inside of me.

Miller speaks, "So I thought we should continue out sessions again. Being a young woman in such a traumatic experience, you should still be seeing a counselor."

"Not today," I say quietly.

"You can't just keep shoving your sessions away, Willow. These are important. You know that," he says.

Miller looks down at me and Ethan's conjoined hands, "I think the session would be better if it was private."

"No, I think its fine if Ethan stays in here," I say.

I feel Ethan's movement next to me, "I think its better if you leave dude. She said no session today. Time for you to leave now." Ethan gets up and escorts him out of the room while Miller doesn't say anything. 

He has appeared in my dreams. I mean nightmares. That is all I seem to have any more since I woke up in this hospital with the really clean ceilings and the constant beeping relaying my heartbeat. 

Ethan closes the door behind him and walks back over. 

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say and look down at my hands.

"Has he ever-done- anything to you? You seemed scared of him?" he asks hesitantly.

I choke on air, "Uh--no. Its just he freaks me out. I want to get a different counselor." The doors open again but Blackwell enters.

"You what?" she asks, "Did you say you want a different counselor?" 

"Uh-um. Yes, I did," I say.

"Dr. Miller is one of our newest counselors," Blackwell says, "Its great we are getting some feedback. Why do you not want him to be your counselor anymore, Willow?" 

"I guess I don't feel comfortable. I would rather have a female counselor," I answer.

"We can get that arranged. We will talk more about this later after I change your bandages and check your wounds," she says, "Then we can get your shower."

I wait as she gets ready for my time to be embarrassed again. Ugh

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

EOCP