Chapter Eight

*~*~*~*

“Get out.” I said softly, watching him intently. He looked at me weirdly, his face falling into a set frown. He nodded, standing up and walking through my living room. He reached the end and looked back at me. I sighed, looking away from him.

I didn’t hear the door open and close but I wasn’t paying attention either. I did, however, hear the footsteps coming closer to me.

I turned, expecting to see Linda or Jim, but instead saw Niall. I stood up, expecting to have to walk him out, only for him to grab my face in between his hands and crash his lips onto mine.

*~*~*~*

**Meg’s POV**

I just stood there. I stood there without moving for a few moments before Niall let me go. He stopped kissing me and pulled away, smiling a bit.

I smiled tightly before raising my hand and slapping him across the face.

"Do not touch me." I spat, sitting back down. "Get out before I kick you out." I said, watching him. Shock was written across his face. He sighed, nodding and turning. He slowly walked out of my house. As soon as he opened the door I heard many voices. I ran to my window and saw an abundance of photographers and people near the front door of my house. Niall stood in the middle, his eyes wide as he tried to get off my porch.

I sighed, heading to the front door and pulling it open. I grabbed Niall’s arm and pulled him in the house.

"They’d eat you," I said plainly. Walking back to my living room. "Stay only until they leave." I said, sitting on my couch and turning the tv back on to my show.

"I’m sorry," Niall said, sitting next to me. "It seems as though you’re saying that way too often." I mumbled, glaring at the tv. I felt him move next to me and looked at him, he was awkwardly sitting there, watching the tv as well.

"Well, yes. Because I am. I do stupid things, and I don’t know how to act around you, really." He said, playing with his fingers.

"It’s weird, because even after you found out that I’m… um… famous you didn’t change how you treat me." He said, looking at me. I scoffed. "Yes, I did. Remember? I don’t like you anymore." I said, glaring at him.

"But that’s because I lied about being famous, not because I am famous!” He exclaimed happily, smiling brightly at me.

"You’re forgetting one thing. You’re all happy about this because I don’t hate you for being the Niall Horan, but I hate you for being Niall, still. You’re a liar, and I don’t associate myself with liars.” I said, glaring at him and turning to the tv, ending the conversation there.

He tried to talk to me. He tried to apologize some more, he tried to start conversation but I stopped listening. I ignored him and just watched my show. He got up multiple times to see if the reporters had left, would sigh and sit back down.

"Meg?" Linda called after another few hours of this. "Oh, hello Niall." She said smiling a bit at us. I looked up at her. "Yes?" I asked.

"What do you guys want for dinner?" She asked. I pursed my lips. "Chicken?" I asked, smiling a bit. She nodded, heading towards the door. But, of course, she couldn’t get out so we decided on mac and cheese.

The next day came and the people left my door. Niall headed for the door, turned but before he could say anything I sighed, shaking my head and heading up my stairs to my room. I heard the door open and close and could only suspect that he left.

The afternoon I took Mike out for lunch. I stuffed my hands in my pockets as Mike giggled from next to me as we played our game. “Meg! Can we go here!?” Mike asked excitedly, forgetting about our game for a little bit as he jumped and pointed at a diner. I nodded, pulling the door open for him and letting him run in. I smiled, following after him.

We were seated at a booth. I took my menu and looked it over. I ordered, and we both ate happily. I was glad that no one stopped us this time.

As we were leaving I noticed a help wanted sign in the window. “Hold on, Mike,” I said, walking up to an employee. “Hi, I was wondering if I could get an application?” I asked. She nodded and headed over to the cash register, taking one from behind and handing it to me with a smile.

"Thanks," I said, grabbing Mike’s hand and walking out with him.

"Meg?" A voice asked as we left the diner. I turned and saw two of Niall’s friends there, with him. Niall’s face was red and he avoided eye contact with me.

I glared at the group, turning and walking towards my house. “I told you guys, don’t bother her. She already hates me.” I vaguely heard Niall say. I smirked. Finally. He got it, I hate him.

"Meg, stop!" A different voice called. I didn’t, just kept walking. "Damn," he said, now next to me. I groaned. "What?" I asked, looking over at the tanned boy next to me. He had warm brown eyes and short-ish brown hair.

I continued walking but he just joined in step. I heard Niall behind us give up trying to get his friend back and to stop bothering me.

"I just want to know the real reason that you hate Niall," Liam said, crossing his arms over his chest confidently. "Because he lied to me. Repeatedly." I said in a duh tone.

"That’s not it," He said, looking me in the eyes. Of course that’s it!

"Why do you think I hate him?" I asked, glaring slightly at him. He smiled. "Because he’s perfect for you, and you’re afraid." He said. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"No."

"You might not think so, but think about it. Is this really that bad?" Liam asked, backing up a bit.

"Of course it’s that bad!" I shouted at him as he jogged back towards his friends. I rolled my eyes, heading towards my house again.

He lied to me and that’s why I hate him. Not because I’m afraid, what would I be afraid of? I have nothing to be afraid of. He’s just a boy. I don’t have to be afraid of him. I don’t have to be afraid of anyone.

*~*~*~*