Songfic: Ningen Datta

Start from the beginning

And as you two quietly stand next to each other, you still developed a screaming desire louder than any silence.

With nights I took for granted all along

"So you put your hands over mine -no, like this," you take Maven's hands and flip them over before placing yours under his. He smiles at you, showing his emotions on his sleeve. You are showing him a game you played with your friends when you were younger. You both are sitting on his bed, playing late at night. You both are wearing your night clothes. You almost always spend your nights with Maven recently. He's just a big comfort to be around.

"And you're supposed to move your hands out of the way before I hit you, okay?" You slur. He nods, propping himself up. You do the same, looking him in the eyes. He's staring at your hands. You are so happy being with him like this.

And so you acted quickly, moving your hands around his as you try to strike him. He was quick to pull his hands away, laughing as he did so. You watched him smile with his hands to his chest. He looked like a child. He looked happy.

I couldn't see the future, not at all

You reach out to grab his hands, pressing your fingers against his. He faces his palms towards you as you two press your entire hands against eachother. It feels... unique. The sight of your redblood fingers against his silverblood ones reminds him of his mother. He presses the tips of his fingers against yours. You stare at your hands as he stares at you. His head starts to spin.

"Maven," you whisper in your sweet voice. He has it settled into his mind. He doesn't want to chain you up or keep you for himself. He loves you. He loves you like you are his first love.

He grabs your face, pulling you into a kiss. He feels like he's going to regret doing this. He's going to regret doing anything. But he can't control his life, or himself. So he's going to do what makes him happy while he still has the chance.

You kiss him back, your heart beating in a way you never knew it too.

I knew, I knew, I knew but here I stand

You frowned as you stood next to Cal, Maven and Elara are across from you. And to the left, Tiberias. A Tiberias who is weak, half alive, and getting murdered by his firstborn son. Elara controls them both, leaving you to watch. But you don't scream, or at least, you stopped after the surprise. You are just stuck in your mind. After Maven refused to stand by your side, you cried. You screamed. You almost lost control. But you didn't. So now, with makeup streaming down your face, you watch as your life falls apart right before you. It hurts in a way that nobody can describe better. All of the sweet moments you didn't even consider until now. What did they mean? What is Maven trying to do? It took you weeks to finally trust him. Was this his plan all along?

Hurting from words I thought would just pass by, followed as I ran

And after the crown from Tiberias's head rolls in front of Maven, you look at him one last time as his fiance. He looks at the crown that is covered with his father's blood. Then, he looks at you. Your eyes widen as you stare into his helpless ones.

"Cal, run!" You cry out. Elara shields her son, not caring that her stepson escaped with a broken mind. You try to follow, but you are caught in his essence. Your hand slides against the wall before you turn back. You look at Maven, fear in your eyes. Fear in his eyes.

"Trusting you surely benefitted me, didn't it?" you spit before rushing out. Maven clenches his fist. You don't know what's happening or why. What does Maven benefit from destroying you? Does he just want to marry Evangeline? Are you the one thing keeping him from the throne? Or more accurately - were you?