Interview with Writer98 (Katie)

Name: Katie

Age: 14

What writing site do you use: Quibblo, Wattpad

Favorite book/series: N/A

Who inspired you to write? A lot of fantasy/ fiction and adventure writers

What is your favorite genre to write?I mostly enjoy teen fiction, science fiction, and adventure

Why do you like to write?I love being able to create things, and I get so many ideas all of the time. I can get an idea from a movie, a book, music, and most of the time it has nothing to do with it.

What do you when you get writers block?I usually listen to music, or ask my friends online if they have any ideas, and usually their ideas make things for my story click.

How many stories have you written at one time? I’m writing about 8 stories at the moment.

What are things that inspire you to create wonderful stories?Mostly music, images, and a lot of my dreams, even just seeing one image in a movie, and I have an idea and it all just clicks in my brain to make a story.

Why do you continue to write?I continue to write because I get so many ideas and I just have to write them down, even if it's all messed up and then I edit it when I think of another idea, or it doesn't make very much sense, and it's become a passion for me and a very good hobby that gets me out of my real life.

Would you rather let your creativity flow, or have a set writing prompt?I always let my creativity flow, it's hard to try not to, because it all just builds up and then I have no idea which one to write first.

What’s your favorite story you’ve written? I love all of my original stories, but it would have to be a tie between The Sight, and Eteranlly Bittersweet.

When you’re not writing, what are some things that you’re doing? I'm mostly checking my quibblo messages, talking to people online, playing on my keyboard, listening to music, and reading, or watching TV.

Who seems to like your writing more, people online, or people that you know personally?Definitely people online. I don't really like people I know reading my work, because so many people spread stuff where I live, and I hate being made fun of and I'm worried what my friends might think, because I know it's possible for some of the to laugh at me.

How long have you been writing for? Almost 2 years

Do your friends support you with your writing?My friends at my school and stuff barely even know that I write, but my friends online can sometimes hardly wait for a new chapter.

When you’re older, do you plan on continuing to write? Yes, I’m hoping to be an author, or write in my spare time.

What are three reasons that you like to write and continue to write? People online love my stories and I enjoy entertaining them, I enjoy writing, and I'm too creative to stop.