"one venti café americano for our favorite customer! right, curly?" sadie teased, while finn just shushed and mentally cussed the redhead.

"got it!" finn saluted.

millie plopped down on her seat and opened her laptop, yawns escaping her lips from time to time. finn started to worry because she didn't have the usual bright smile attached on her face that he fell for-

wait what?

finn shook his head and started wondering why his mind didn't have a turn off button.

finn wrote the first thing that popped in his head, preventing to consume her time especially today when she was not in the mood.

"told you she was coming." sadie smirked at the curly boy.

"whatever." finn rolled his eyes and made his way to the counter, "one venti café americano for millie!" he yelled less loudly this time since there weren't any consumers besides millie to compete with his voice.

millie grumpily stood up on her seat and grabbed her drink, not even daring to look at him in the eye.

the british girl sat down and went back to aggressively clicking the keyboard and intently highlighting her books. totally forgetting to read what finn wrote this time on her cup.

finn felt extremely bad for the tired girl, so he thought of something.

he pointed at their glass chiller filled with desserts, "hey sads, how much is that cheesecake?"

sadie lingered her gaze on where he was pointing, "three dollars per slice, why?" finn rubbed the back of his neck nervously, glancing at the british girl.

"oohhhh!" the redhead snapped her fingers in realization, she excitedly took the cheesecake from the chiller and grabbed a knife from one of their drawers.

"you are so cheesy." sadie shook her head, slicing a piece of the cake.

"what did you say?"

"i was talking to the cheesecake." finn groaned in frustration.

sadie successfully cut a slice of the cheesecake, so she put it on a small plate afterwards.

she handed him the plate and pushed his back, "now, shoo!"

finn chewed his lip nervously and turned around, "no, you go. i just. . .can't."

sadie ran a hand through her ginger hair in frustration, she grabbed the plate from the boy and pointed at him firmly, "you better treat me a whole piece of cake after this, curly."

millie noticed a barista coming to her way, furrowing her eyebrows when the redhead put a plate with a cheesecake on her table.

"i didn't pay for this." millie told her cluelessly.

"i know you didn't. that guy did." sadie pointed at finn who was eavesdropping, he saw millie peek at the counter so he awkwardly looked the other way and pretended to wipe the counter with his apron.

sadie sighed in secondhand embarrassment.

"can you tell him this was really nice of him, but i can't take this, i feel bad." millie said softly.

sadie turned to finn, "she said this was really nice of you, but she feels bad so she can't take it." the redhead yelled unashamedly because millie was the only costumer in the shop at the moment.

finn shook his head, "yes you can, you just grab that fork and shove the cake in your mouth, it's easy." he raised a thumbs up.

millie was about to protest but finn cut her off, "it's okay, mills. i promise." he assured her with a soft smile.

the british girl felt her cheeks grow warm at the nickname.

it was even more heart fluttering hearing it from the boy.

she gave in and mouthed him a thank you.

sadie jogged back to the counter, glancing sheepishly at the two who still didn't break eye contact. when millie suddenly widened her eyes and grabbed her cup.

millie excitedly turned her cup around. she read what finn wrote on it two times, three times, four times, until she didn't even realize that she memorized the whole statement.

millie giggled at the words, gazing her eyes at finn who was already looking at her, like always. she mouthed another thank you to the boy.

finn bit his bottom lip, attempting to finally leave the counter and meet the girl but was interrupted when a sudden costumer entered the café.

millie's wide smile instantly turned into a frown. sighing as she started wondering when will their distance be broken.

millie proceeded on doing her project, glancing at the scribbled words on her cup from time to time to give her a little motivation, and it still worked. . .

every. time.

millie
got sick of the whipped cream, didn't we? :p
you can do it! just hang in there, mills
but don't overwork urself, pls.
btw, good luck sleeping after those espresso shots!
-frogface

- ♡ -

a/n: they're so cute and i'm so single

not to spoil your milk but we're almost near the ending so let's be sad

leave feedbacks pls!

- cali