My mind screamed to run, to put as much distance as possible between myself and this formidable adversary. But in a swift, almost blurred motion, the Grounder lunged forward. His speed was startling, his movements a blend of predatory grace and brute force. Before I could even take a full step, his arm swung out, striking me with a force that sent me crashing to the ground. The world spun, and a haze of pain clouded my vision. As I struggled to regain my senses, I felt rough hands yank my arms behind me. The coarse rope bit into my skin as the Grounder expertly bound my hands. Through my dazed state, I realized Clarke and Finn were receiving the same treatment. But oddly, the Grounders stopped there. They didn't blindfold us. This small mercy, however, did nothing to ease the growing dread in my gut.

Our captors hauled us to our feet, and I stole a glance around. The forest seemed to close in on us, the trees like silent witnesses to our plight. As we were marched through the dense underbrush, the realization hit me: the Grounders didn't care if we memorized the path, didn't care if we knew how to navigate back to our camp. They were either supremely confident in their control over us or indifferent to the possibility of our return. Either way, it spelled danger. This journey, taken without blindfolds, was a clear message – our situation was dire, and our captors had no fear of reprisal or escape. The path ahead was fraught with uncertainty, and I couldn't shake the feeling that this wouldn't end well for any of us.

The passage you've written captures a strong sense of fear and confusion, which is great for building tension. Here's a revised and extended version to enhance detail and depth:

We had been walking for what felt like an eternity, covering a mile or two through the dense, unyielding forest. The terrain was rough, with twisted roots and sharp rocks that made every step a challenge, especially with our hands bound. I could still see Miles, our temporary home, now just a distant speck behind us when the Grounders abruptly halted. My heart raced as they began to split us up. I exchanged a look with my older sister, my eyes wide with panic. They were separating us, but why? What reason could the Grounders have for doing this? Clarke, our leader and healer, was the obvious target for their schemes. But Finn and I? We were just followers, without any special knowledge or skills that the Grounders might want. The logic behind separating me from Clarke and Finn was a mystery that sent chills down my spine.

As the group came to a stop in a small clearing, my panic escalated. Rough hands pushed me forward, and I stumbled into a cage, the metallic clang of the door echoing ominously in the silence of the forest. The cage was crude, made of uneven bars and old, rusted metal, a stark contrast to the natural beauty surrounding it. I was left there, alone, the isolation amplifying my fear. I strained against the ropes binding my wrists, but it was futile. My mind raced with terrifying possibilities. What did they plan to do with us? Were they going to use us as leverage, or did they have some darker purpose in mind? The uncertainty was maddening. I peered through the bars, trying to catch a glimpse of Clarke and Finn, but they were nowhere in sight. The realization that I was completely cut off from them, unable to even see or communicate, filled me with a sense of dread far deeper than the fear of my own predicament. The forest around me seemed to close in, the shadows growing longer as the day wore on, each moment stretching into an eternity of anxious waiting.

The room where I was left was dimly lit, the only light filtering in through small gaps in the crude wooden structure. The air was musty, heavy with the scent of damp earth and rust. I studied my surroundings, the walls bare except for the cage I was in. The metal rods were cold and unyielding under my grasp as I shook them in a fit of desperation, but it was futile. The cage was solid, its lock mocking my efforts. I was trapped, with no way out unless by the will of my captor.

Hours seemed to drag on, each minute stretching out endlessly as I sat there, lost in my thoughts. The isolation was suffocating, the silence only broken by the occasional rustle of leaves outside or the distant calls of forest creatures. My mind kept returning to Clarke and Finn, wondering what their fate might be, whether they were nearby or taken someplace far. It must have been about an hour, maybe more, when I heard footsteps approaching. My heart leapt in my chest, a mix of fear and a desperate hope for rescue. But it was my captor returning, his heavy boots thudding ominously on the wooden floor. This time, however, he wasn't alone. The door creaked open, and he stepped inside, followed by a shadowy figure whose presence sent a new wave of apprehension through me. The newcomer was shrouded in mystery, their features obscured, yet something about them commanded attention. Who were they, and what did their arrival mean for me?