02 | THE HERO & BREAKING HEARTS

note to reader; the faceclaim for isha kapoor is nargis fakhri.

CHAPTER TWO ➸ THE HERO & BREAKING HEARTS

CHAPTER TWO
THE HERO &
BREAKING HEARTS

Aarav knew that the two of them had to recreate the exact same kiss they'd share a few moments ago. But now, standing in front of her again, observing Diya's touched up deep red lip stain, reminded him of how thoroughly kissed she'd looked just a few moments ago. He wondered how she would have looked if that kiss wasn't for cameras.

No. Stop. Aarav's conscious warned him. Aarav was strictly against indulging in anything more than being mutual friends with a colleague he was working with. Which was the exact reason why whenever there were hook up rumours, and truths, about Aarav they were always after he'd finished working on the film with the costar. Which was why when Aarav and Isha started dating, he made sure it was after they'd wrapped up their film shoot. He was sure that this way it wouldn't bring any awkwardness into their relationship, or cause problems during shoots.

Whatever he was feeling right now with Diya was similar to that, she was a good kisser and so it naturally made him wonder how she'd behave if they were alone together. Those thoughts had pushed from his mind as he heard the director call for action, his arm snaking around Diya's waist as he pulled her close. Her breath hitched as she leaned in.

Diya had reassured herself that this time would be better, that it would feel less real​​. Her conscience did not like being lied too, because once again her heart was racing in her chest, begging to be let out. Except she couldn't let that happen, not if she didn't want to destroy the working relationship that she and Aarav shared—not if she didn't want her own heart broken.

Diya could hear whispered instructions from the director, and her arms slowly reached up to wrap around Aarav's neck puling him even closer, deepening the kiss. Aarav hadn't expected to feel so aroused,​ especially with the way her hands were around his neck, drawing him even closer. Diya knew that she would spend hours dreaming of this kiss, crafting fantasies that would never become true. But in this moment she could pretend. Pretend that she and Aarav were not their characters, that this kiss between them was ​​real​​ and not part of a prewritten script.

Aarav wanted to break the kiss and allow his mouth to travel south, finding all the different ways he could elicit the most sinful sounds from her. But he couldn't. Not only was his rule in place, but they were acting, and had stage directions and a screenplay to follow.

He leaned closer, arching her back lower, kissing her deeply until he heard the director tell him to pull away slightly, instructing for him tilt his head slightly so that Diya would be clearly shown in the shoot with her eyes closed in pleasure—pleasure the character was receiving from the kiss. But Diya knew that the pleasure wasn't coming from her character.