Chapter 1

One day, Me and Shirayuki were walking in the forest. She needed to get some new herbs for the shop. She went to an herb she needed and talked to herself. Then the bell started ringing. "Hey don't you think-" I tried to say when she ran past me and said, "Gotta open the shop!" "Hey! Wait for me!" I yelled as I started running toward her.

    We got back to open our shop. People started coming to get their medicine. "Bye Miss. Shirayuki and Akari!" A kid said. "Make sure to take your medicine." Shirayuki said back. "See ya soon." A man said walking out the door. "Take care, Yoshi." She said and turned to Keno, "Thank you for your patience. You're still waiting for your medicine, right?" She asked. "Yes, but please take your time. I just came to rest my eyes on you and your sister's beautiful hair. I've never seen something so beautiful before." Keno said. "That's so sweet, Thank you. But since I already have you here, I'll prepare another remedy. I found some good medicinal herbs, so take some with you." Shirayuki said as I thanked Keno. Then Keno started crying. "You have turned into a very fine young herbalist! If only you guys have your grandparents could see this." Keno said. "Oh no, Keno. Please don't-" Shirayuki said. "Oh no, I left my stove on, I must go!" Keno said and walked out the door.

    Shirayuki sighed, "I guess I'll take it to her later." She said. "I wonder why she started crying." I said. Then the door opened behind us. We thought it was a customer, but it was a guard. We both walked over to the guard and he said something about a concubine. "Wait, you said Prince Raj wants me to be his concubine?" Shirayuki asked. 'What!? No, that would just be embarrassing!' I thought. "Yes, in other words, you would be his mistress." The guard said. "That's absurd! I cannot believe he'd be interested into a common girl just because of the color of my hair. I'd be an embarrassment to him." Shirayuki said. "Hey, maybe we should-" I got cut off and the guard started saying, "Still, Prince Raj has taken a liking to you and that means you are required to be at the castle tomorrow morning." Shirayuki fell on a table as the guard walked toward her. "I suggest you look presentable." He said and walked away.

    "What the hell's his problem?" I asked. "I don't know, but I'm thinking of something." Shirayuki said. "What's that you are thinking of?" I asked. Shirayuki got up and walked over to shelves full of bottles probably filled with herbs and started making medicines for the people she had to make them for left. She sometimes mumbled words to herself. 'She's probably just thinking.' I thought. After she was done making medicines for those people, she put them in envelopes. She untied her apron and stared to the window for a moment. She picked up  pair of scissors and put it to her hair. "Hey, what are you doing!?" I asked very worried. She snipped her hair off and put the cut hair on the window sill. "What did you do that for!?" I asked. "Because , he gets was he really wants, right?" She asked. "Oh, I see how it is." I said with an evil smile across my face.

    After she cut her hair, She put on different clothes and I put on my clothes for our little adventure we're going on. I grabbed my sword and me and Shirayuki went out the door. A man let us on the back of his wagon and we rode in his wagon till morning. We stopped just outside a forest and got off a wagon and entered the forest. We saw a house, which looked like it was abandoned  and we went over to it. Shirayuki knocked on the door. "Excuse me? Excuse me? Anyone home!?" She asked. There was still no answer. Shirayuki sat her bag down and sat down. "We can't just go in uninvited, that'd be rude." She said. "Yeah, it's getting dark too." I said as I looked up at the sky. "Already?" She asked as she looked up. Then she hugged her knees and said, "I'm starting to get hungry." "Yeah, me too."

~

     I was sleeping against the house till I heard some yell, "Mitsuhide, Kiki, I'm going on ahead!" Then another person yelled, "Careful bragger, You'll get hurt or hurt yourself!" Then a man jumped over a wall and his foot hit the wall and fell. I had my sword on it's handle getting ready. "I told ya, Zen! Are you hurt, did you fall on your head!? What's 1+1?!" The man yelled. "Purple, wait... Who are you again?" asked Zen or I guessed that was Zen. "It's Mitsuhide! Remember!?" Mitsuhide asked with worry. "Oh, that's your name? I forgot." The lady said. "Kiki, your not helping!" Mitsuhide yelled. "Maybe we should leave them?" I whispered to Shirayuki. "Yeah, I was thinking that." Shirayuki whispered. We started crawling and then Zen said, "Hold."

     "Mind telling me who you guys are? And what your doing in the woods all alone." He asked. "Oh, we were just, uh... We just left out home and we were in a hurry, so we got lost and ended up on a random road." She said. Then Zen put his sword up to her face with the sheath still on and took her hood off. "You have unusual hair." Zen commented. "I know, I hear that very often," Then she looked at Zen's arm, "Oh, you arm looks injured." "Heh, I've had worse." Zen said. "You're in luck. I'm an herbalist. I can heal you with-" Zen cut her off and said, "No thanks, I can be poison and I'm not gonna fall for that. I wasn't born yesterday you know. You earn trust, not just giving it. Now, we're done here. Off you go." Zen said. "Oh..." Shirayuki grabbed the tip off his sword and bruised herself with it. "Shira-!" I gasped and she put ointment on this white thing and put it where she bruised herself. "Sorry, but I don't carry poison." Shirayuki said.

    I started laughing because I knew what she was trying to do. "She got you, Zen." Mitsuhide chuckled. "Sorry about that. My name is Zen." He said. "And I'm Shirayuki." She said. "It's nice to meet you, but I think you're responsible for my not-so-graceful landing." Zen smiled and Shirayuki got confused. I got it though because she was so beautiful that he was distracted.

~

    "No one lives here, but we spend a lot of our time here. So, the taking a beating to the chest is Mitsuhide and Kiki does the beating." Zen said. "How do you know if you weren't paying attention?" Mitsuhide asked.  "I can tell," Zen said with a smile. I chuckled a bit. "I'm shellacking you," Kiki said casually.  Shirayuki wrapped a bandage around Zen's wrist and after she was done, Zen said, "Impressive, Shirayuki." "I have been at this for quite some time. I am an herbalist after all." She said. "Yes, you did tell me. But why would a herbalist and her guard run from home?" Zen asked. "The reason isn't that important... Excuse me, I'm going to take a walk." She said and walked out the door. Zen got up after she left and followed her while I was sitting down being quiet.

    "You know, you haven't talked yet." Mitsuhide said. I looked over at him and looked into his eyes. "U-Um, I don't really talk t-to people I-I barley kn-know..." I stuttered and blushed. I never really got to get a very good look at him until now. I then turned faced a different direction. "So, who are you to Shirayuki?" He asked. "I'm her sister and also guard." I answered in a soft voice. "So, I never really got your name." Mitsuhide said. "Oh, it's um... Akari..." I said. "I like it. It's beautiful." He said. I gave him a smile and Kiki said, "Quit flirting with the poor girl." "H-Hey! I just really like her name!" Mitsuhide said. "Let's take a walk in the woods." I suggested. "Sounds great to me." Mitsuhide said. "You just want to walk with Akari." Kiki commented. "Would you shut up, Kiki!?" Mitsuhide yelled. "So you're not denying it? Ok." She said. "You're difficult..." He groaned.