Chapter 1

(Medusa's POV)
In the distance, the island of Cisthene was lit by a multitude of lanterns, looking like the gods had spilled nektor on the darkened island. The temple of Poseidon was visible in the distance, and the mines were long closed for the night, so it was silent enough to hear yourself think.

To my right my sisters, Stheno and Euryale, were already asleep on the cool grass. We were living on the island of Sarpedon, an island of which we had claimed so that no mere mortals could disturb us.

Yawning and stretching my limbs, I laid down next to Euryale, and curled into a ball. My snakes cascading into surrounding grass and curling around my body in a protective gesture.

Breathing the crisp scent of the grass, I squeezed my eyes shut, and tried to fall asleep. But for me, I was unable too, so I made due with resting my eyes.

At first I didn't hear the footsteps, hardly making any sound as they chomped through the grass. Nearing our sleeping figures, my snakes began to stir, causing me to fully awaken.

The last thing I remember... before being killed that is... was a tall muscular man hovering above me, using his shield to aim his sword. Which was slashing towards my neck.

MedusaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara