I'm Okay Now

"No, you should be kidding me." Kyle said nervously into the phone. "And what am i supposed to do now? Where can i find another band in three fucking hours?!"
He paused for a second to let the person he was talking to answer.
"Great!" He almost yelled but then realized that Frank was still asleep and started whispering. "No i-"
Pause.
"Wait, are you serious? Are you sure he will agree to do this?" He was calmer now and sounded shocked.
Another pause.
"I mean, after all this shit that happened to them both earlier... Are you sure he wants to work with Frank again?"
Pause.
"Oh man, that would be fucked up!" He almost laughed. "Yeah, i think we can do that. Yes." Pause. "Yes, i will call you later."
He hang up the phone and headed to the part of the the bus with bunks.
"Frank! Frank, wake up!" He said happily. "You have to play in three hours! Wake up!"
Frank only groaned.
"Five more minutes."
"No, get up now. You don't want to be late for Frank Iero And The Cellabration's first ever show. Wake up!" He said cheerily and happily. That was the thing about Kyle. No matter how angry you make him he can get over it in a matter of a second.
"But mom." Frank groaned sarcastically.
"Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake-"
"Okay! See, i'm awake!"
"Great! Now get up! Get up, get up, get up-"
"Ugh, i hate you, Kyle."
"No, if you hated me, i wouldn't be your manager, yet here i am. Get up, get-" He was cut off by a pillow landing in his face. "Hey!" He laughed and threw the pillow back at Frank. They did the same again and again laughing.
"Seriously though, get up."
"Ugh shut up." Frank laughed but stood up and headed to the bathroom throwing the pillow at Kyle right before hiding behind the door. He picked his pants from the bathroom floor - God knows what they were doing there.
"And they found you on the bathroom floor. I miss you, i miss you so faaar." The line from so familiar song escaped from Frank's mouth. Suddenly he felt like bursting into tears. That's funny how you can be best friends one day and then boom, and you don't even talk. 13 years of friendship. It's been about half a year already since they met for the last time all together. Frank, Gerard, Mikey, Ray. He missed them all so much. But now he had a new band. He had new friends and family. Everything that happened before didn't matter and he only had to move on. They say time heels wounds.
Frank quickly took a shower, washed his face and teeth, dressed and did his makeup. He was fully ready in less than an hour. He had two more. They didn't have to do a soundcheck 'cause the band that will open the show will do that. That was a benefit of having another band touring with you. You can make them do half of the job.
He left the bathroom and went to his bunk, then lay into it. He took his guitar and started playing some of their new songs. Playing was always something that helped him but now in last few months. It made all those memories come back. And it wasn't good. You would say it was stupid of him to even think of this so much. But one doesn't easily forget something around what his whole life revolved for 13 fucking years. Automatically he started playing another song. He didn't even notice it until now.
"When the lights go out" Gerard's voice sang in Frank's head. "Will you take me with you and carry all the broken bone?"
Frank carried on playing so familiar melody and didn't notice when Kyle came in the bus. In fact, he didn't even notice he wasn't here.
"Frank, they start." He said.
"Can i just go when we start? I'm not exactly in the mood now." He answered.
"Trust me, you want to see this." Kyle said with kind and understanding smile on his face. He was a good friend. Really good friend.
Frank lazily put his guitar away and sat up in the bunk.
"If i don't like it, you'll regret it." He said with a smirk. Kyle laughed a little nervously. What was about to happen was just too exciting.
They both went through the street and to the stadium where they were playing. Seeing all this crowd it was going to be legendary. Coming closer Frank noticed that crowd was too excited to see the opening band. They were far not famous, in fact, nobody knew them. But the crowd was screaming and jumping as if it was their favorite band ever.
"Hey, why are they so-"
"You'll see." Kyle cut Frank off and started walking faster. As they reached the gates fans started to scream and shout and jump and that was so perfect. It was nice to know you make people so happy while these people make you even happier. Yet they don't even realize it. Frank gave some autographs and made few pictures with fans. Then they came in the hall and went backstage.
"Are you ready?" Kyle asked as he stopped and faced Frank. His smile was literally bigger than his head. That was suspicious. Frank quickly nodded and Kyle wrapped his arms around him in a tight embrace.
"I know you'll love it, Frank." He whispered him in the ear and let go. Frank was too confused to react so when his manager pulled him closer to the stage he didn't even bother asking Kyle or himself what made everyone so happy.
Frank heard some hard-to-understand words and sounds of instruments from the stage. He couldn't quite hear the voice though among all this noise.
"Well if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say." He heard from the stage. Did he really hear My Chemical Romance's lyrics? Was that the surprise Kyle was preparing him for? Or was it hallucinations? Did he lose his fucking mind after all of this shit happening?
"I never meant to let you down or have you gone, it's better off this way." No, this was not hallucinations. This was for real. Oh, God, someone out there was singing I'm not okay! This just mixed all Frank's feelings. He wanted to throw away this curtain - that was still closed in front of him by the way - and kill whoever was trying to replace his band but at the same time that was so good that he just wanted to hug that someone and cry with him right on the stage.
"For all the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took." And the voice sounded just like Gerard's. Without thinking Frank opened the curtain and stopped frozen.
"Remember when you broke your foot from jumping out of second floor?" Their eyes met and a smirk appeared at Gerard's mouth.
<i>This can't be happening.<i/>
Before Frank knew it he ran on the stage and wrapped his arms around Gerard and his friend did the same.
"I missed you." Frank whispered in his ear and Gee hugged him even tighter completely forgetting that he had to sing. It didn't matter now. Frank was here, so close, for real, and that was all that mattered. Fangirls made some 'awww's and started screaming 'frerard' or 'i knew it' or other things like that. The musicians that played with Gee were confused and Kyle was standing backstage smiling so widely. It was a good idea. He doubted it when they told him that the band that was supposed to open the show couldn't tour and suggested replace them with Gerard: Frank and Gerard didn't talk for 5 months. But in the end it was a good idea.
"I missed you too, Frankie." Gee said. Frank's heart skipped a bit when he heard his name. Gerard would always call him like that. It just brought so much things back in his memory and he didn't know weather it was a good or bad thing.
Gerard slowly pulled away. He was smiling widely and so did Frank.
"Wanna join me?" He asked with a smirk. Frank ran back to Kyle, took guitar that he was already holding for him and came back to Gee pulling on a microphone.
"I'm not okay, I'm not okay, I'm not okay, you wear me out." Gerard sang while Frank played his guitar part gaining a disappointed look from Gerard's current guitarist. He was running all over the stage like he used to. That still felt strange without Mikey being serious and sexy there and Ray shaking his awesome hair. But it felt so good to play their old songs and having Gerard singing them. They carried on this way 'till the end of Gee's show and then Frank performed with his new band. All he could think of was the fact that Gerard was here and it was real and he wasn't mad at Frank. They were friends. Like in old times before it all broke and fell. Back when MCR was a band, not a fucking idea. Maybe now everything will be like it used to be when everyone was happy and there was no loneliness and sadness.
Maybe now he will be okay.