[6] Sometimes I Hear My Voice

It's been a few days since the last conversation I had with Oliver. To say, I don't know why I care so much that he basically told me to 'fuck off.'

At night I would just lay in my bed and stare up at my ceiling repeating the conversation I had with him over and over in my head which then would create my sleepless nights.

I'm getting frustrated with why I care so much!

I shouldn't care. At all. It's been messing with me and I hate it. It's was just a conversation. A mean one but still, I shouldn't care.

Today we start filming for Luke's movie. Since Kate and I were doing costumes we had to get there early to set everything up for the characters.

Oliver and Emaline came into the building first, since they're the only ones who are gonna act today, and immediately Emaline ran over to Kate to get ready which left me with Oliver.

There was an awkward vibe in the air that I wasn't liking.

He sat on the chair in front of a big round mirror and I got out the blue paint to paint for his face, hands, and basically all his skin that showed.

I gave him his outfit to change into and he roughly took it out of my hand and didn't even spare me a glance.

After he came back out in his silver clothing, I gave him the blue wig he needed to wear. He sat back down on the chair and put it on and I started painting his face.

It was quiet as I started to dab the paint on him.

After 15 minutes I was done painting all his exposed skin and he didn't talk nor glance at me. He would just shift his eyes elsewhere every time I came into his view.

I was thankful for that but a part of me wasn't. Since we only needed them to be ready, I walked out of the building and towards the rest of the crew who was all behind the camera taking with one other.

Luke was getting his camera ready and Leslie was holding the large microphone.

After a little chat, Oliver and Emaline both came out. Oliver lit a cigarette and Emaline started stretching.

"Are we gonna start sometime today?" Oliver yelled out. "I am melting in this makeup."

Oliver met my eye for a quick second before we both looked away quickly.

"Just a few adjustments," Luke replied back and started wiping the car while Tyler filmed him. "All righty. Places, people!"

I stood by Natalie and Ethan behind the camera. James didn't want to come. To think of it, he's been acting weird this week. He's barely been hanging out with us, always using excuses.

Every Friday after school, we all would walk to Ethan's house, since he lived the closest, and we would just hand out, mess around, talk.

Now, it's only been Ethan, Natalie, and I that go.

Oliver dropped his cigarette after taking one last puff.

"All right, here we go. All right, roll camera.., and action!" Kate started filming.

Oliver strolled towards the car with his hand on his chest and Emaline followed behind him.

"Blorg, my love." Emaline pulled Oliver back by his hand as he was about to open the car door. "I beg you, please do not leave me and go to earth."

Ethan leaned his shoulder on me and I glared at him. He's only four inches taller than me.

"Earthlings care for no one but themselves." True. "They only have one heart where we Gloptonites have six." The microphone came into the camera view and Emaline pushed it away.

"I fear no humans, Zarginda. It's for these reasons I've been chosen to lead this mission. It's my calling." Oliver and Emaline looked at each other deeply as they talked.

"But why you?" Emaline spoke softly as she looked up to him. "Why must you leave me? Please don't leave me."

Luke and Kate looked at each other and grinned.

"Gloptonia needs me... on Earth." Emaline eyes filled with tears. I feel something out of this is real for Emaline.

Oliver opened the car door and got in.

"Cut! Amazing!" Luke yelled out and I saw tears threaten to spill from Emaline eyes.

"You asshole!" Emaline slammed her hands on the car door. "You're going to New York without me, aren't you?"

The rest of us watched the scene in shock and confusion.

"You're gonna ditch me after you graduate. I know it." Oh, I guess he's actually going with his dream plan still.

He's always been wanting to go to New York.

"Jesus Christ! What is your problem? Can you try to act professional in front of the crew?" Oliver stuck his head out the window as he talked with an emotional Emaline.

"Suck a dick, Oliver!" She started speed walking away and Tyler started filming.

"Emaline!" Oliver got out of the car and chased after her. "Pookey! Little bear. Butterball." Oliver grabbed ahold on Emaline.

"Don't touch me!" She tried pushing him away.

"No, no, relax. Relax." He tried calming her down by holding her but she keeps trying to push him away.

I frowned at them, I'm guessing now couple, in front of me. I had this feeling as he chased after her and tried to calm her down by holding her.

Jealousy? It can't. Why would I be jealous?

The only way I would be jealous is if I had feelings towards him... but I don't know how I feel.

"Amazing," Luke repeated. "We got it."

"I'm sorry," Oliver told Emaline and I sighed.

"Let's clean up," I mumbled and shrugged off Ethan's arm off my shoulder. Natalie gave me a small reassuring smile as if she knew what I was feeling.

=

As I grabbed my bag off the floor, Natalie pulled me away from everyone else. "Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, why?" I shrugged on my backpack.

"I saw the look on your face when some people were talking after we filmed." Natalie looked around our surroundings.

There was no point in lying to Natalie as she basically knew everything about me, what was in my mind, how I felt. She basically is my other half.

"Well," I sighed. "I don't know honestly. I'm confused about what I feel as of right now, or whenever I see them talking." I frown at her.

She sighs and hugs me. "Do you think you have feelings for him?" She mumbled and I rested my chin on her shoulder. "I don't know," I said softly.

She stayed quiet for a couple of seconds. "Well, he's looking our way right now." As she said that I suddenly felt his burning gaze. "I know."

She pulled me away. "Are you okay?" I nodded. I am, I feel okay.

"One day, you'll figure out. You'll know if you like him or not, you'll know when the time is right." I nodded at her as she wrapped her arms around me. "Let's get out of here." She started pulling me toward Ethan's car. "Ethan!" She yelled out.

"Let's go, bitch!"

At that moment I knew I would always be okay if I had my best friends by my side.

=