0.3

"Parties aren't really my thing

"Parties aren't really my thing."

_____

WHEN MICHELLE went to school the next day, it was Friday, so the school was buzzing about parties, people talking about who was throwing them and who was going. Michelle heard her name thrown around a few times for those who would be going. She may be quiet and unnoticed, but everyone knows her name. After all, she did get the school to win Nationals last year at the Aca Deca, and now she was the captain of the team. For a school full of nerds, it was kind of a big deal.

In fact, today she was sitting at the table during lunch with last year's team.

"So, we are all staying on the team right? Aside from the seniors that graduated, of course." Cindy spoke up, looking around the table and eyeing the group of students. A chorus of yes' and yeah's came out and she smiled with satisfactory.

Flash, however, noticed how a certain student was rather quiet and zoned out. Peter Parker. "Peter!" He exclaimed, snapping his fingers in front of the boy's face. Peter jumped, his eyes going round.

"Y-Yeah? What's up?" He asked, seeing the team staring at him from all directions at the long table.

"You're staying on the team, correct?" Cindy asked, her voice a bit sharp. If Peter didn't stay, they were screwed.

Peter perked up immediately, "Yeah! Of course!"

Michelle let out a small sigh of relief. Besides Functions class, and her occasional comments to he and he's during lunch, this was her only other opportunity to talk or see Peter. Then, she remembered how he ditched nationals last year.

"You won't y'know... skip out on nationals, right?" She asked, her voice low when she spoke to him. Peter turned his gaze to Michelle, who was sitting across from him at the table.

Shaking his head, he quickly said, "no, I promise. I won't skip out!" He told her, her eyebrows raising before she simply shrugged.

"You promised. Better not break it." Michelle stated, before getting into a conversation with Cindy. All Peter could hope is that he wouldn't skip out again, because he knew Michelle would have his head.

"So, are you going to the party tomorrow night?" Cindy asked her teammate. There was a party at Flash's house on Saturday night, and the whole Aca Deca team was invited. Even Peter Parker.

Flash heard the party being brought up and he turned to face the two, "Yeah, you coming, MJ? It's gonna be lit as hell. My parents are out of town and my plug for alcohol is in."