Chapter 2-Aequalitas

Start from the beginning

 “I ran,” he says very blandly.

 Lux looks at him like he’s crazy. “In 30 minutes?”

 “Yes, is there a problem father?”

“No, no not at all,” Lux says, hiding his disbelief. He ran a 15 kilometer run in 30 minutes?! That shouldn’t be physically possible, even for an Aeternus….

“What’s his name again?” asks Angelus.

“His name is Aequalitas,” says Daemonium, as he walks in through the door. His tone is very serious, his face is iced over, which is extremely rare. “As we were walking it seems he was having a coughing fit because of his disease.”

Angelus goes back to looking at the boy, and then peers into Daemonium’s eyes. “Will he be alright?”

 “Yes, he will, it just seems they need to repair some of his lungs.”

“What do you mean his lungs? What does his disease do exactly?”

“It-“Eats away at his organs,” interrupts the man who ran to Aequalitas. His eyes looked weakened, red from tears that must have ran down his wheat-colored cheeks at hearing his son was in this state. The room becomes heavy with the learning of Aequalitas’ disease. “Thank you, Prince Angelus, and same to you, Prince Daemonium.” “It is our honor to help you in any way possible Admiral Equitas,” says Daemonium bowing slightly. “General Equitas…,” Angelus ponders.

“Admiral Equitas is the leader of the military forces of both the Mortalis and Aeternus. He was also the diplomat who brought our two races together,” Daemonium explains to Angelus. The admiral sits up straight, medals all over the right side of his green suit. He has a commanding air, still there in his time of weakness. “I see,” he says, trying to digest everything he’s learned today.

After a good while of waiting Equitas stands up, looking much better than before. “Thank you again you two. I’ll be off now Lux; you’ve raised your child well. Daemonium, make sure you tell your father you’ve matured into a very admirable boy.”

 Daemonium smiles at the comment, yet Angelus keeps his straight face. As General Equitas walked out the door, Lux gets up and follows suit. “I’ll be coming too, Equitas. We can discuss trying to unify the Unitium Republic. Will you be coming son?”

 “No,” Angelus says without moving his eyes from Aequalitas.

With that the General and King leave the premise. Daemonium stays for a couple of hours and then his father comes to pick him up. Then, all that is left is Angelus and Aequalitas. After about another hour, Angelus hears a grunt and notices Aequalitas coming back to consciousness.

“How long was I out?”

 “About 9 hours.” Aequalitas lets out a sigh. “Haven’t been out that long in awhile.” As Aequalitas starts to sit up Angelus puts his hand in front of his body, stopping him from getting up any further.

 “The doctor said to rest.” Aequalitas just laughs at him.

“You don’t need to tell me what to do.” He moves Angelus’ arm as he says “I do this all the time.” Angelus backs down as Aequalitas stands up and goes over to the window to look outside.

 “The snow is beautiful,” he says as Angelus goes over to the window to join him. Didn’t even notice it started snowing , Angelus realizes.

“How many times has this happened to you?”

 “I stopped counting at 300…” Aequalitas says with a sigh.