Chapter 4

It was nighttime and Marie was laying in bed. She hated going to sleep because of her night terrors. But she was tired. The only thing she could do was sleep.
He was there. She could feel him behind her.
"Why are you up?" He asked.
"I-I wanted a glass of water," She said stuttering.
"I don't care what you want! Go back to sleep before I put you to sleep!" He yelled smacking his hand across her small and calloused face.
"I'm sorry Father. I'll go back to bed," she said before he took another hand to her cheek.
"Go!" He yelled.
Marie awoke in a sweaty panic. She screamed for help. Morticia entered in a luscious dark robe.
"Marie! What's the matter?" She worried.
"He's here! He's going to get me!"
"Darling he's not here."
"Yes he was! I was going to get a glass of water- and he hit me!"
Morticia didn't say anything. She just pulled Marie into a hug and stroked her hair.
Marie stared at the wall with tears in her eyes still shaking.
The Next Morning, Marie was sitting in the family room watching Wednesday color in the light spaces on a crossword puzzle with a black marker. There was a knock on the door. A sense of internal panic seemed to rush over the house. Marie ran upstairs and locked herself in her room. She looked out the window. There was nobody at the door.
"You're coming with me!"'said a voice behind her.
Marie turned around. It was Solomon. He grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder. He opened the window and climbed down the ladder. Marie was kicking and screaming but it was no use, Solomon had already tied her in the hearse. Morticia ran up to see where Marie was. She wasn't there, but the window was open. She dropped to her knees clutching herself. Marie had been taken by the thing Morticia was trying to protect her from.