"How old are you, Lela?" I asked.

"Sixteen, in your years," she said with a giggle, "I'd be a high school student. You and I are two years apart."

"You're the youngest?" I asked.

She smiled a frown. "Yeah, my parents split when Zavien was ten. He became our father, he's the oldest."

I frowned. "Really? I had no idea."

"Yeah, I don't mind talking about it, but don't bring it up around Zavien."

I nodded. "I won't."

That would explain why he acts the way he does around them. That sucks. He's had a lot of shit on his shoulders as a kid: first, he was born the Hybrid Lord. Second, he was asked to be taken away from his parents and they almost gave him away. Third, he was forced to marry me. Fourth, his parents parted ways forcing him to take care of his brothers and sisters on his own while protecting me. Fifth and finally, he lost me and found me just to lose me again.

Poor Zavien. That's why he's so damn hotheaded and distant.

"I didn't know I was older than you," I said with a raised brow as I ate.

She giggled. "Yeah, you and I used to hang out a lot whenever Zavien brought us to the Royal Palace. Your parents loved Zavien and they were always helping him out when it came to us, he always insisted. He's such a stubborn boy."

"Oh, I'm well aware," I laughed.

"Speak of the devil," she said and nudged me.

I looked up to see him walking in. Everyone turned their attention to him and stared in awe. Yeah, I know, he's pretty damn good looking. And he knows he is. He paid them no mind as he joined us at our table, pulling a chair up across from us both. He sat down and looked at both of us.

"I don't see your fascination in high school, Lela," he sighed exasperated, "I was just chased by a mob of girls."

I laughed. "You created them, can't you tell them to stop?"

"I made them like regular humans, everyone here has a mind of their own. I wanted the experience to be as real as possible," he explained, "if this is what happens to males in high school, I'd never go."

Lela snorted and rolled her eyes. "Having girls chase you is a compliment, you oaf. It means they're in love with you."

"They don't know me!"

"They're in love with your sex appeal," I corrected, "I've been in a real high school. It's not so likely that girls chase guys they like, but they do make subtle hints. Though, the more confidence a girl has in herself makes it more likely for her to chase someone she's attracted to down the halls. They're going to flirt their asses off."

"Is there a way to get them to stop?" Zavien asked me.

"Yeah," I said, "burn them."

Lela and Zavien both stared at me.

"I'm kidding! You'd have to break their hearts, but then they'd hate you. All I have to say is ignore them. They'll get the memo," I said. "Or you could tell them you're gay."

He scowled at me.

"Of course you would say that."

I grinned.

"But wouldn't that make him a bigger chick magnet? I mean, he's already attractive as it is, then if he's gay, girls will want to be his best friend," Lela deduced.

I sighed. "Get a girlfriend. They'll back off then."

Lela grinned and motioned her fork between him and I.