~ 5 ~

~ Chapter Five ~

{ Seren }

I yawned and stretched myself out on the bed. I was cold, I didn't have any covers, and since Zavien and I broke up, I couldn't cling to him for warmth.

But I did enjoy that morning.

My eyes fluttered open.

This was definitely not Zavien's room in his palace. This was...somewhere else.

"I wanted to make sure you weren't disoriented and confused when you awoke, so I decided to stick around," Zavien said standing up. He wore a school uniform, and he looked damn good in it.

"What's up with your look?" I asked.

"You said you didn't finish high school, you also mentioned that you felt invisible to everyone. I changed the Void into a high school, a place where you wouldn't be invisible to everyone, where you could have friends-I know that they won't be life long friends and people you'll remember because they aren't real, but it's something to pass the time."

"That's really considerate of you," I said with a smile. "Thank you, so much."

"I'm not always going to be there, or here, so you won't have to worry about me. Oh! And Lela will pop in every now and then, you know, so you can have someone else in your life other than me."

Jeez, could he not be so sweet?

"Thank you, again."

"Yeah, well, I'll leave you to get dressed," he said and walked out, "see you in class."

It was quite easy to find my way around my dorm, everything was in the most predictable place. I took a quick shower and got dressed in record time. I was kind of eager to see how well Zavien would do in a school. I mean, he didn't even know what a high school was until I told him.

There was a knock at the door while I was brushing my hair.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Lela! I'm coming in," she said and opened the door.

I looked over my shoulder and saw that she was wearing the same uniform as I was. She was grinning from ear to ear.

"You're such a gorgeous girl, Seren," Lela cooed. "You know, I've never been to a high school? I've always wanted to go. Humans make them look so cool."

"They can be cool," I told her.

"I made Zavien make it as normal as possible," Lela said, "you know, laptop, books, TV, magazines, makeup, phones, music. So, you have all of that in your dorm."

I looked around and saw everything that she was talking about in my room. Wow.

I rose to my feet and grabbed the phone that resembled the one I had dropped when I saw Yael the night I got kidnapped. He remembered... I grabbed it and my earphones.

"Why does it feel so real?" I asked in awe.

"Didn't you know? Zavien can make anything come to life, that's one of his many abilities. It's why people worshipped him when he was younger. Everything in this Void? It's real inside the Void. As soon as you try to remove it from the Void, it ceases to exist. It's really cool," Lela giggled.

"Yeah, it is," I murmured.

"Let's go get breakfast!"

Lela grabbed my hand and guided me out of my dorm. I walked with her out of the dorms and down to the cafeteria where everyone was going. I couldn't help but watch the excitement bloom on Lela's face while we got our food. She was so excited. We both sat down at a table and began eating. I couldn't stop self from asking her a question that had been bothering me for a while.