Outlast AU (Daishinkan x Reader)

Začít od začátku

         "What are you doing down there?"

         "If I'm in plain sight, it's easier for them to get me." This makes the therapist frown and sit on the ground to be more level with the patient.

         "(Y\N), the doctors want to help you. None of us want to see you get hurt; that's why we're here." (Y\N) shakes her head before putting out her arm, revealing a large and bleeding gash that spans from her wrist to her elbow.

         "You don't know anything about this place." Daishinkan is quick at her side and attending the wound; how long has it been there for? According to her files the doctor just left, so he should have noticed this, right? That unsettling feeling becomes worse; perhaps something is going wrong here.

---

         "Good afternoon, Ms. (L\N)," Daishinkan greets. Immediately you crawl out from under the bed and you sit in front of him. Tears are rolling down your cheeks as you reach out for him. "I'm here, don't worry." And with that, you launch yourself into his arms.

         "I was worried when you disappeared, and I-"

         "I know, I know. But I'm here now..."

         "Please, do you believe me now?"

         "Yes. I believe you."

---

         "What is it that they do here, hm?" Daishinkan asks the patient sitting in front of him. (Y\N) tugs at her hair and glances about in a paranoid manner. "(Y\N), I can't help you if you don't speak with me."

         "They have an experiment in the basement," she whispers. "They call it the Wallrider... It's evil... They hook you up into a machine, and they stare at your brain!" Daishinkan covers his face; of course the great evil is some horror story.

         "(Y\N), some people create rumors in order to get a rise out of you. Believe me when I say that we're not trying to make you into a machine." (Y\N) looks hurt, and she cradles her bandaged arm against her chest.

         "Doctor, what do you know about me?" she asks in a whisper; her entire form is shaking. "What do they have written about me in that file?" she asks, though her voice sounds like she's demanding the answer from him.

         "I'm not at liberty to share that-"

         "Does it tell you that my mother was assaulted here? That she was impregnated by that bastard, Cold? What about the fact that I was raised inside this very building in order to create a recipient for the Wallrider?!" Daishinkan is quick to push a button on his remote, and in seconds there are guards restraining the female. "Don't let them trick you! You don't know anything about this place!" Daishinkan watches, sadly, as the woman is dragged out of the room.

         "Some are just lost causes, I suppose," a voice hums. The therapist turns and spots his boss, Frieza, in the back of the room. How long has he been there for? "They appeal to your pity, and then they manipulate you." The man walks to the door and stops, sending Daishinkan a look over his shoulder. "Going so far as to slander my father... Remember: they don't know what sanity is like." And with that, he leaves. Now alone in his office, Daishinkan vows to find out the truth of this hospital.

---

         "I'm taking you out of here, and I'm bringing you to safety," Daishinkan says, helping you up. He guides you out of the cell and carefully helps you through the halls. The mangled corpses on the ground make him frown, and look to you. "Is this the work of that thing?"

         "Yeah," you whisper, staring down at the forms. "It isn't happy. Whoever is in control right now is trying to escape." Daishinkan frowns and doubles his speed; the two of you are not going to die here! "Doctor-"

         "Daishinkan."

         "Ah... Daishinkan, where did you go?"

         "I was fired," the ex-therapist explains. "I started digging where I shouldn't have, and I was forced to leave this place." You nod and hold his hand, your shoulders rising just a bit. "I'm sorry for leaving you," Daishinkan says quietly. "I had no choice..."

         "I understand." Daishinkan comes to halt before turning his head and looking at you. "What's wrong, did I do something?"

         "I'm going to get us out of here, but I want you to come with me." You tilt your head in confusion, which causes him to grab and hold on of your hands to his chest. "Once we escape, I want you to stay with me. I want to help you." Your eyes become wide, and you nod quickly. "Good. Now come on, we have an asylum to navigate." The two of you proceed through the halls hand in hand, yet this place isn't as scary as it once was. No... It's better now that you two are together.